Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: So, my ride for the weekend, Tiger XC...  (Read 4591 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: So, my ride for the weekend, Tiger XC...
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 08:34:22 am »

Well, the 990 has only been out since around 2006, and the 950 since around 2004, the boxer has been around since toothpaste was still white....or had it been discovered already? :peepwall: :biggrin:

Well, I bought my 1200GS as a direct result of a excellent write up by Noah.   ;D
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:22 pm »
I see the Tiger has the same crap routing of the brake hoses over the front mudguard as the 800GS, must be a good copy then  ;D

Yup, but who copied who?
The final design of the Tiger was completed 8 months before the GS 800 was launched...so, who has a spy where? :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »
I see the Tiger has the same crap routing of the brake hoses over the front mudguard as the 800GS, must be a good copy then  ;D

Yup, but who copied who?
The final design of the Tiger was completed 8 months before the GS 800 was launched...so, who has a spy where? :biggrin:
BM Ran test runs well before the bike was launched, so the design must have been completed before the manufacturing started. I don't believe that Triumph would sit on a design from 2006 only to release in 2010 - someone is  spinning some BS.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »
This bike's gear linkage system looks a bit like a planned disaster - is the location of the gearbox and the complex gear linkage tried and tested on the Triumphs or is this a new design?

Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »
This bike's gear linkage system looks a bit like a planned disaster - is the location of the gearbox and the complex gear linkage tried and tested on the Triumphs or is this a new design?

What's wrong with that system? It would take quite a knock to affect that linkage, it is quite well tucked in. On the other hand, if it does get damaged, run the shaft upwards, change gears by hand.... :biggrin:

I also remember, some years back, Mikedabike broke his 1200 GS linkage, I hooked it into 3rd for him, he rode home like that....just one gear. 8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:30:14 pm by Adventurer »
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »
I already like it very much!

It looks like the Tiger XC (or even the plain one) might replace the 800GS as the default upgrade for KLR folk like me  :thumleft:

I'll definitely try and get a test ride next time I'm up in Gauteng.

no no no...we all know the 990 is the natural upgrade from a KLR....This bike will be the ideal upgrade from a 1200.....
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »
I already like it very much!

It looks like the Tiger XC (or even the plain one) might replace the 800GS as the default upgrade for KLR folk like me  :thumleft:

I'll definitely try and get a test ride next time I'm up in Gauteng.

no no no...we all know the 990 is the natural upgrade from a KLR....This bike will be the ideal upgrade from a 1200.....

Well, then they should sell hundreds of thousands! ;D
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.