IDIOT IN MERC WITH HANDHELD CELLPHONE - Centurion Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lancer

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
This morning at about 08:40, I had an unpleasant encounter with an idiot in a C63 ML Mercedes. He was talking on his handheld mobile phone at the intersection of Brakfontein Road and Old Johannesburg Road (entering the N1 South). We both stopped at the traffic light and waited for the light to turn Green. He completed his call and wound down his window, so I asked him: "Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to drive whilst talking on a hand-held cellphone?"

His response was: "F@#k Off, you're not my boss."

I replied that that was not an answer and that it was inappropriate - and he got all aggressive with me. He then drove alongside me, swearing at me, and flashing signs at me, and then he gestured to pull off, which I started doing - following which he accelerated away.  We carried on along the N1S and at one stage he was driving extremely dangerously close to my back wheel. Fortunately, I managed to get though some traffic, which held him up. Whilst this was going on, he was once again talking on his cellphone (hand-held).

I am somewhat militant about people who believe that their telephone conversation is more important than my life, however I have a littany of near accidents that fuels this. In addition,  I have seen several accidents caused by drivers concentrating on thir telephone conversations and not caring about the poor motorcyclist who comes off worst in any accident.

The Merc's registration is DAKOTA1 GP. If you're in the Centurion and Midrand areas, watch out for him.