Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ajman, UAE, 3 hour Enduro  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Skaiidawg

Ajman, UAE, 3 hour Enduro
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »
Tomorrow I am competing in the 3 hour Endurance race at Ajman just outside of Dubai.  I see that Kenesis will also partake. See you there mate. Will post some pictures when done.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

Re: Ajman, UAE, 3 hour Enduro
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:47 pm »
This was my first Enduro after a layoff of 2 months. The track was about 9.5km's long with a couple of flat places, camel grass, some smallish dunes and finally an obstacle course. On the last lap I was laying 3rd in the quad class but had a fairly large crash and was passed by a team who took third place. I finished fourth from 8 quads. The average time we on the quads took was about 9.5 to 10mins per lap.
I will post a small video later.

Here are some pictures taken by a friend Scott Donnelly.

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »
Here is a clip of the mud we had to go through during this race. I got stuck and struggled my arse off to lift the quad and get out.
In the back ground you can see another rider falling off while going through the mud. :laughing4:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/INPHp3mi4Sc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/INPHp3mi4Sc</a>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:39:24 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:39 am »
Hey Skaaidawg!

I really felt for you guys in that mud pit! I must say at least it seperated us all in the bigger scheme of things!

Kenisis!
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »
Nice...Well done Skaaidawg!

I enjoyed the cussing and heavy breathing in that video. It looks like a really tricky section. Come on- Give us some more video!

How was your run Kenesis?
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:50:30 am »
I enjoyed the cussing and heavy breathing in that video. It looks like a really tricky section. Come on- Give us some more video!
How was your run Kenesis?
I am working on a video, nearly there....

The mud pit spread the field out which was good. Kenesis had a good run until he crashed, I was about 400m behind him when it happened.

Offline Skaiidawg

Re: Ajman, UAE, 3 hour Enduro (Video added)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:00:09 pm »
Bluebull you asked for a video, enjoy it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwwktzoWAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwwktzoWAQ</a>

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Dubai
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 03:25:33 pm »
Bluebull you asked for a video, enjoy it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwwktzoWAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwwktzoWAQ</a>
Thanks Skaiidawg!

This brought back some memories of my faster days, Sadly i am a bit slower at the moment.

I must admit where you fell is where i thought i would see my ass as I followed Mark Ackerman through there at 80 - 90 Km/h the first time around and al i cold do was hang on. Luckily no Bucking bikes for me there.

For interest sakes if you go to 4`06"  this is aproximately to whithin 2 meters of where my broke my Collor bone virginity! Stupid Place.

Thanks for the Vid. When i am up and running again we must go for a ride!

Cheers
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 03:32:52 pm »
I must admit where you fell is where i thought i would see my ass as I followed Mark Ackerman through there at 80 - 90 Km/h the first time around and al i cold do was hang on. Luckily no Bucking bikes for me there.

For interest sakes if you go to 4`06"  this is aproximately to whithin 2 meters of where my broke my Collor bone virginity! Stupid Place.

Thanks for the Vid. When i am up and running again we must go for a ride!

Cheers

No worries Al, we'll go for a ride sometime.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:31:34 pm »
Very nice. That tumble over the bars was a lucky one for you. Crossing single tracks in the desert is a hazardous undertaking.

Al were you wearing a leatt brace when you came off? Rather a collarbone than a neck, but it would b interesting to know.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:45 am »
Lekker guys!

Kenesis, just read your other thread, real bad luck but otherwise awesome stuff - hang in there Boet.

All that desert and they make a 10k loop for the race, what would be the reasons for that?? Marshalling/ Route marking? Navigation? A bit dissapointing for a "desert race" I would have thought.

'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Dubai
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 06:38:27 pm »

Al were you wearing a leatt brace when you came off? Rather a collarbone than a neck, but it would b interesting to know.
Hey Neil. Yebo, Always wear as much as protective gear as possible. I sadly did not land on my head, it was more like Superman flying sideways landing on my shoulder. If I had the presence of mind to panic rev i think i could of avoided the accident.

But as they Hind sight is an exact science!
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Dubai
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 06:50:14 pm »
Lekker guys!

Kenesis, just read your other thread, real bad luck but otherwise awesome stuff - hang in there Boet.

All that desert and they make a 10k loop for the race, what would be the reasons for that?? Marshalling/ Route marking? Navigation? A bit dissapointing for a "desert race" I would have thought.
Darksider, This was actually an Endurcross type of event rather than a Desert race or Baja. You are correct it is easier to organise with a lot less logistics at a eighth of the Price.

Baja`s are awesome to Race but then again so are these events! I cant even begin to Explain going flat out foor 3 hours on a Bike. It is Awesome. If you are ever around Dubai join us for a Desert Run.

Cheers

AL
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline axehead

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »
Nice video Skaiidawg!

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:37:03 am »
Lekker guys!

Darksider, This was actually an Endurcross type of event rather than a Desert race or Baja. You are correct it is easier to organise with a lot less logistics at a eighth of the Price.

Baja`s are awesome to Race but then again so are these events! I cant even begin to Explain going flat out foor 3 hours on a Bike. It is Awesome. If you are ever around Dubai join us for a Desert Run.

Cheers

AL

I must - very jealous of you guys out there in the desert. :thumleft:
'16 KTM 300 XCW