Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Around East London & Hogsback in 2 Days  (Read 2077 times)

Offline heavy D

Re: Around East London & Hogsback in 2 Days
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 01:25:00 pm »
wow did not realise that we got Paradise in our back yard will be seeing some of it on the ride out to hoggsback next weekend cant wait

Offline spoedvark

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 09:14:16 pm »
it gonna be a goody! cant we go tomorrow? these next 5 work days are goiing tio drag by!!!
Go Big!
or
Go Home!!!!
Previous bikes:
Yamaha XS 400 Special Kawasaki ZX 10 Yamaha XT 550 BMW 650 GS BMW 1200 GS KEEP THE RUBBER DUSTY!!!!

Offline Dorothee

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »
Jmol, I  am so very happy to see you out there again. Awesome trip you did, recognized many roads, having done a fair amount of them after Christmas.
 Best regards to David, really happy he is not doing solo too much, and hope to see you all soon.

Online JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • East London
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:15 pm »
Jmol, I  am so very happy to see you out there again. Awesome trip you did, recognized many roads, having done a fair amount of them after Christmas.
 Best regards to David, really happy he is not doing solo too much, and hope to see you all soon.

Thanks Dorothee.  Yes - David is coming with this week-end although his not a dog yet.

Working on it  :mwink:
Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »
Lekker Jaco, mooi plek die van ons.

Ek het uiteindelik my fotos gelaai en begin met dag een.

Sien jou by Hogs

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Online JMOL

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • East London
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 05:11:54 pm »
Lekker Jaco, mooi plek die van ons.

Stem 100% saam
Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2019, 02:49:42 pm »
I'm not sure what report I was reading that had this report linked, it is clear to me I stumbled onto a gem of a ride report.

This is one of few reports I've read, and there's been hundreds, that reminds me of areas where I live.

Up around the dam you visited appears to be alpine wilderness.

This report reinforced my dreams of riding your incredibly beautiful country.

JMOL, I think it's time you write another  :deal: :thumleft:
Iím da Yooper, eh and I like to party...

Offline Vis Arend

• Forum Whore
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
I'm not sure what report I was reading that had this report linked, it is clear to me I stumbled onto a gem of a ride report.

This is one of few reports I've read, and there's been hundreds, that reminds me of areas where I live.

Up around the dam you visited appears to be alpine wilderness.

This report reinforced my dreams of riding your incredibly beautiful country.

JMOL, I think it's time you write another  :deal: :thumleft:

Damn Mericans,  :biggrin:  I saw the rr and started reading just to see later that this report was done donkey years ago.  I almost k@kked my friend out for riding in my back yard without inviting me.    :lol8: :lol8: 

But yes, we do have excellent riding opportunities / spots starting a mere 3km from home.   :deal:   
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
Forgive me, I really enjoyed the RR and felt compelled to let old Jmol know he needs to get his ass in gear and write another  :pot:

Yeah, the riding and camaraderie among you South Africans has me quite impressed.

You wouldn't believe the crazy thoughts I've percolating in my membrain.

I'd like to move to ZA for 6 months, see if I like it.  If I fall in love with the place, which I think I will, if and only if there are like minded riders available often to do more group rides, I would then come back to my country and begin making arrangements for a permanent move there.

I've toured all but a handful of states in my country and provinces in Canada, unfortunately solo as most riders want to be pavement princesses dressed to the nines in HD clothing.  I feel as if it's time to branch out and see what's happening on the other side of the world with people who still get it......off-road riding is simply the best and most pure form of riding for me and I have this burning desire to do more of it, just not alone all the time.
Iím da Yooper, eh and I like to party...

Offline Vis Arend

• Forum Whore
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2019, 08:29:10 pm »
Forgive me, I really enjoyed the RR and felt compelled to let old Jmol know he needs to get his ass in gear and write another  :pot:

Yeah, the riding and camaraderie among you South Africans has me quite impressed.

You wouldn't believe the crazy thoughts I've percolating in my membrain.

I'd like to move to ZA for 6 months, see if I like it.  If I fall in love with the place, which I think I will, if and only if there are like minded riders available often to do more group rides, I would then come back to my country and begin making arrangements for a permanent move there.

I've toured all but a handful of states in my country and provinces in Canada, unfortunately solo as most riders want to be pavement princesses dressed to the nines in HD clothing.  I feel as if it's time to branch out and see what's happening on the other side of the world with people who still get it......off-road riding is simply the best and most pure form of riding for me and I have this burning desire to do more of it, just not alone all the time.

No need asking for any forgiveness, I was only joking.  :thumleft:

But yes, this is one unique country where you can live life to the fullest on a scooter.   :biggrin:  The wife and I have been exploring hundreds of thousand of kilometers in this country and we did not even scrape the surface, so much more to explore.

Whatever you decide and if you do reach our shores, you are most welcome to cabin at our place.  We will take you places that will be embedded in your membrane forever.    :biggrin:    The ball is in your hands. 

The following users thanked this post: big oil