Stupid Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
:-[ I've been afraid to ask up to now because I didn't want to have anyone of you die laughing at the stupid questions only an American could ask. BUT, I don't want to die just because I was too afraid to ask. So, you're on your own:

1. Will I get eaten by a lion (or snake, or alegator, or ....) while I'm camping? Should people like me carry an AK-47 for protection from the wild things -- or the Janjaweed or ...? Can people like me even buy a gun in SA and carry it up to the top of Africa? What are prudent precautions in these regards - animals and humans that might want me or my stuff?

2. Will I get eaten by a mosquito because I don't have some specail mosquito net inside my tent? What precautions should I take about malaria on this trip north through SA, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt, Jordan, Syria ... on to Germany?

3. Do the stores in SA carry Duct Tape? (I'm sure I can't live without it!)

4. Will I be able to buy automatic transmission fluid in cities along the route to the top? (It's what I use for my automatic chain oiler.)

OK, that's all the dumb questions I can bring myself to ask for the moment.