How difficult can it be to UPGRADE!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Ek gaan die onderwerp in Ingils post, so verskoon die grammar ens.  My ingils was al so teen 12:00 op.

I am in the process of upgrading from my 700 TA.  Honda does not have anything bigger at this stage, therefore I had a look at the 800Gs and S10.  I decided eventually on the S10.  (Personal preferences.)

Now this is where I seem to hit a brick wall.  I contacted two dealers today (14 Feb 2011 at around 10:00) in the Eastern Cape and asked them to work on a deal that included me trading my 2009 TA and a 2009 XR250. The 1st dealer said he would contact me later the day with the figures once he worked it out.  At first I thought why could he not do the deal there and then, but I left it there and waited for his call later today. 

I then contacted the second dealer and when I mentioned to the dealer that I have trade in's, he mentioned that he does not feel like trade in's today.  It pissed me off immediately, but I insisted that it is part of the deal or nothing.  He then also told me he will contact me later with particulars of the deal.

Needles to say, I received no calls back and at around 16:00 I phoned the 1st dealer just to find out that the salesperson is not there this afternoon and will only be back tomorrow.  I was not very happy and eventually spoke to the owner.  I informed him about the situation and he wanted to know what I expected to receive for the TA.  I asked him if they will compensate me for all the extras on the bike, such as top box, panniers, crash bars and,  and,  and .....  He said no, as people who want to buy the bike is not prepared to pay for the extras.  I was shocked but said that I am prepared to remove the extras if that is the case.  He then said that he will have a meeting with the salesperson to work out a deal and contact me in the morning.

I then phoned the second dealer who told me that he cannot get hold of a certain person that he wants to sell my TA to, therefore he cannot work out a deal at this stage.  I then asked him if he first need to sell my bike before a deal could be reached.  He could not answer me but said that he will contact me later.  I then informed him I need the deal to be finalized before the end of this week.

My questions :
Am I being bullied by motorbike dealers?
Are dealers serious about selling their product?
Are times really that bad/hard for these dealers?
Once you purchased a certain product, are you stuck with it unless you trade for the same brand?
If you receive this kind of treatment from the word go, what will the after service be like?

Can anybody else recommend another dealer for the same product who will be serious about selling their product.

Case in point, I purchased two new vehicles last year, and both deals were finalized within the same day, as a matter of fact, within 2 hours the deals were reached with only the paper work that had to finalized later the day.