Short London sight seeying report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
Had to take my bike for a MOT (yearly roadworthy inspection in the UK) since it expired in November already and I only realised it recently :roll:

It is typical freezing weather again this weekend and was at the test station at 8:00 sharp just to realise the place only opens at 9:30. If you ever visit London remember on weekends this whole place only wakes up around 11:00 :banghead:

So thought while I have a hour and half to kill let me do a few quick photo's of places worth while to visit if you ever take the wrong turnoff around kakamas and end up this side of the world :wink:

London Eye

mot1.jpg

I have been on this big ferris wheel before and we got stuck at the top for over a hour. It was fun for the first 20 minutes as you get more than your money's worth but then every single person start bitching and moaning about how long do they have to stay up there and this one wants to pee and that one wants to puke :angry5:

Was here when they erected the wheel and it is nearly a hundred meters high and was lying across the Thames River - it is massive.

Big Ben

If you don't see this and been to Westminster you have not been to London :D Had a hard time to find place to park and take a pic as there is cops every where since the bombings. They don't smaak people taking pics of iconic buildings and have been pulled over before and questioned by armed police about my photo's :shock:

mot2.jpg

London Imax

If you like the "movie" expierence this is the place to go

The bfi London IMAX Cinema on London's South Bank has the largest cinema screen in the UK. Films shown in 2D, 3D and IMAX DMR immerse the audience in larger-than-life images accompanied by 12,000 watts of digital surround sound :headbang:

mot3.jpg

If you had to watch jaws on this screen you will start swimming from your seat :?

This is a place I merely stumbled across by going down a little side street but a famous person lived here

mot4.jpg

J.A.R. Newlands the founder of the periodic law for the chemical elements. I still recall having to learn every single freaking element in standard eight, jis dit was kak.

mot5.jpg

Then around the corner from this is the British History War Musuem. Never been in there but some big old canons greet you at the entrance. Most musuems is now free to visit in London trying to attract people back to them.

mot6.jpg

And finally back to the bike shop....

mot7.jpg

Been bringing my bikes here for the last 3 years for their testing as they always pass irregardless their state. The old man is as grumpy as shit but and think he is italian or something. Luckilly before he tested my bike I asked him to check my rear tyre which is very low at the moment. He reckoned it will just pass if I promise to replace it in the next week, then he started it up and the healthy bark of my Lazer pipe made him cringe :D

He said best I bring it back with something a bit more reserved. So booked in for next Saturday and gives me time to wash the bike as well.

Hope it's sunny that side and you guys are out riding :thumbup: