Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Enduro World X-Country Race - LOTS of PICS !!  (Read 2841 times)

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com
Enduro World X-Country Race - LOTS of PICS !!
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »
So I went to the EWXC Race at Harties today and what a great day it was  :thumleft:
 :thumleft:

Man that route was tough, the guys were kakking off in the heat, I took over 300 pics, here are some of them.

UFUDO giving it a go, good to see him racing again  :thumleft:

This corner caught a few guys out, it was very steep and loose

A bit further up the mountain, this was soooo loose

This is where the carnage started, as usual the camera does not tell you how incredibally steep and loose this section is - some guys took some serious strain on this section

On the other side of the mountain

And then a little Enduro Cross section at the end of the lap

I will post some pics of the EXTREME RACE tomorrow, that was absolutely INSANE, bliksem, Brian Capper and Lionel Sedoux - RESPECT!!!!!, well respect to everyone that gave that Extreme Race a go  >:D >:D >:D

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:42:23 pm by KnopKop »

Offline Marnus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Yeeeeehaaaa!
Re: Enduro World X-Country Race - LOTS of PICS !!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:03:37 am »
Thanks for the photies KK. I read on the enduroworld e-mail before the race that they excpected a huge turnout. The terrain is challenging enough and now a lot of traffic too! Those guys look 'gaar' up that hill  Good to see a G450X in there! (sharrap 2SD  :biggrin: )

Offline gser

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:26:03 am »

Lekker ver gestap vir al daai pics KK&K
 ( Knpkop & Kiekies )

Offline Buff

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:52:08 am »
Wow, that looks like a knarly course  :o.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Race Dog
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:52:38 am »
Some pics of the Extreme Race with guys the the Le Riche's , Brian Capper and Lionel Sedoux...

Sedoux and Capper were a notch above the rest and raced neck and neck before Lionel started getting away form Capper, and won the race, remember Lionel still raced the main Enduro Race earlier in the day.

You cannot believe how steep this was  :o :o :o

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:54:58 am by KnopKop »

Offline HHHusky

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Don't follow me - you won't make it !
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »
Great pics KK. Man, that was one tough course – those climbs were heartbreaking, and the bottlenecks were epic (will post a video clip of this later). I got stuck behind a guy who had a complete physical meltdown, completely blocking the line I was on, and I nearly killed myself getting past him. Then Wild Will comes past both of us without even slowing down – the skill and fitness of the top guys is just mind-blowing. Big up to Splash who finished three laps :thumleft:
Husky TE610 - (Sold)
KDX 200 #C258 - (Sold)
YZ250 2t (on it's way to OZ!!!)
Montesa Cota 315R (Sold)
The Roof - a strenuous hike the through the mountains of Lesotho with a 100kg backpack.  As acid rain falls on the leaves, And Mother Earth quietly grieves, These blasted pollutants Will make us all mutants, And our kids will wear coats with three sleeves.

Offline MildDog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 12:14:59 pm »
Wow, that is an intense race. Thanks for the awesome pics :)
I crash test all of my safety gear. Do you?

Offline HP FREAK

• Race Dog
  • Jy moet FOKUS my kind
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 12:16:11 pm »
Ek haal my hoed vir hulle af
BMW HP2 Enduro "SOLD"
BMW R1200GS Adventure "SOLD"
BMW G450X "SOLD"
BMW R80 CAFE RACERS

Offline Marnus

• Race Dog
  • Yeeeeehaaaa!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 03:01:46 pm »
I'm glad to see so many spectators!  It's really awesome for the sport and the sponsors.

KK - I see you're serious about the plastic and getting your exercise in before you get it  ;D

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Race Dog
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 03:18:58 pm »
KK - I see you're serious about the plastic and getting your exercise in before you get it  ;D

The more I see the guys kakking off, the more I want to do it as well  :biggrin: :biggrin:

I really want to get back into it, but I need to loose at least 10kg's and save up some moola for a bike, but I am hoping to have that done by this time next year, we will see.

So when are you going to do a race?

Offline Marnus

• Race Dog
  • Yeeeeehaaaa!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 03:30:13 pm »
I measure my gonads every week and they are still the same size  :biggrin:

I really don't know - it's on my bucket list!  Maybe I'll wait for you - then us two noobs can k@k off together!

Offline wahoo

• Pack Dog
  • Vamossssssssssss
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:33 am »
nice pics  :thumleft:

ekt ook deel geneem , letterlik en figuurlik af geK%K!  :'(
Floats like a butterfly , stings like a PK !!

Offline Cable Tie

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 09:32:07 am »
How many laps did they have to ride?

Man my heart started beating faster as I scrolled through your awesome pics! I can taste the sweat as ones head burns up inside that helmet asking yourself; why am I doing this!

:thumleft:

Offline Splash

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 11:12:41 am »
First Enduro World Cross Country event of the year. This venue had been used previously and was extremely challenging, then only managing one lap. This year’s attempt was better with three laps. Almost died on my last lap, huge struggle to keep the bike moving forward with an in-your-face route that never let up for a second not allowing one to ever catch one’s breath.

This year’s race was run with the flat section first with time to loosen up. The hole shot was sponsored, making for some spectacular starts. I took it easy as no doubt there would be a bottleneck on the first climb. I was happy riding through this section (was not to last long)!

We were then faced with our first climb. Started with a big rock face that with a little momentum one could easily ride up. So far, not bad. Around a corner and then into loose rock. If one kept chugging keeping the rear wheel from spin one made progress. Not so easy so maintaining throttle and clutch control. In no time, I joined the general need to start digging to China. Difficult to ride around stopped riders with a normal stop in sympathy. I boiled my bike and had to let it cool a little (and rest a moment). Near the top the track took a turn to the right and on all my laps I managed to fall over and with the bike on its side it just sprayed coolant – must have looked spectacular.

At the top, guess what, we dropped down! Felt I was doing this better on each lap.

Then an interesting section which some large rock faces. With some courage, these rode relatively easily.

Unfortunately, up we went again. Not much easier than the first climb. Then a little flat section on top and another little climb. Not long, still exceptionally difficult.

You must have guessed it, down again. On all my laps I ended up going over at exactly the same place. Did I not learn anything? I was caught out by a little drop, and a rock which bounced my front wheel out and over I went. No damage except to my ego - am consistent at least.

A new section of off camber was added - was tough and rode it slowly.

Just to add a little excitement we had a steep descent. Would have not been a problem except at this point my body was turning to jelly and out of control would be a good way of describing my approach.

Another flat section which I went around way too slowly and wasted time - forgot I had more gears than just first.

As usual, a small enduro cross section was next. At this point I just pointed my bike and gassed it and somehow made it out the other side to the wonderful sight of the pits.

The day’s racing ended with an extreme race. It was a closely fought finish with Lionel Seydoux just edging out Brian Capper followed by William Gillitt. An exception display of riding skill.

Thanks Enduro World for an exceptional race. 

Pictures

Have bike, will ride.

Offline lightning1

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 03:55:16 pm »
Awesome pics - thank you!
Loving the journey!

KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 04:42:12 pm »
Eish that Lionel can ride! I'm fortunate enough to have done a few De Wildt rides with him  :o. He's a magician.

And a more humble man you won't find anywhere.

Offline HHHusky

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Don't follow me - you won't make it !
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:56:24 pm »
It took a while to edit into something vaguely interesting because there was sooooo much footage of bikes not really going anywhere, just sort of standing there throwing rocks about and boiling water. But this gives some idea how tough these EWXC events can be, especially if you are from the shallower end of the talent pool :mwink:

Husky TE610 - (Sold)
KDX 200 #C258 - (Sold)
YZ250 2t (on it's way to OZ!!!)
Montesa Cota 315R (Sold)
The Roof - a strenuous hike the through the mountains of Lesotho with a 100kg backpack.  As acid rain falls on the leaves, And Mother Earth quietly grieves, These blasted pollutants Will make us all mutants, And our kids will wear coats with three sleeves.

Offline Marnus

• Race Dog
  • Yeeeeehaaaa!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:13 pm »
Whooha!  Nice vid - Rammstein goes so nicely with that footage  >:D  And traffic was a b1tch!

Well done - at least you seem to be going nicely there.  That "evil laugh" part was the best  :imaposer:

Offline Splash

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 06:55:51 pm »
Great video - thanks for the effort.
Have bike, will ride.