R1200 GS ABS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntVan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Last week had a :eek: moment. The ABS did not reset, no servo brakes, nada. I was left with brakes that requires more than two fingers to stop the beast. 

So I used the search function. Could not really get a better tip on the forum than to look at ADvRider.

Well, I noticed that the Gremlin causes the brake light to operate randomly, hence the Gremlin is suspected to live in the brake switch. Or he chewed the brake switch wires. Well, after some playing I did not suspect the front brake anymore. Must be on the back then right? After I sprayed some contact cleaner and such I think the Gremlin upped and moved. Never saw the Gremlin though. I hope he moved and that he is not only on holiday. The week previously I do remember those servos singing after I dismounted though, so I think the Gremlin was texting me even before he got the brakes to fail.

I'm going to be careful and listen to servos from now on. That Gremlin might be coming back for a visit sometime again.