DR 350's Harrismith to Midmar - back roads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
This quick outing came about when my pups decided to swim Midmar.
As it was their first time swimming Midmar Mother Hen thought it best if one of us was there to support and make sure her lil chickens were alright -  :3some:

Pups were going with the school so I had to make other travel arrangements - yeeha.
Quick call to Jimbo and I had a riding pardner  :thumleft:

Trailered the bikes down to Harrismith, more for the ease of the journey back to Jozi on Sunday evening.

We were ready to leave Harrismith by 07H30 on Saturday morning - destination Bergville via Geluksburg.

Hit the dirt straight out of Harrismith and ended up on this very lekker pass.

Jimboreadytogo.jpg

Fast tar and intermittent dirt saw the two little 350's chomping up the miles. I missed much of the scenery as the pony's were not in a mood to smell the roses.

Topped up with fuel in Bergville and then rode along the canals towards Woodstock dam.

CanalaboveWoodstock.jpg

I lost track of all the roads  but we hit a long road section under repair which was quite rough, big piles of rocks and plenty of loose rocks being levelled off by a grader - interesting riding

A fast ride and a few twisty corners brought us to this bridge - recently repaired.

JimboSuziGruffy.jpg

Gruffyonbridge.jpg

Lots of these ...

Gnarlyroad.jpg

and these

Gripitnripit.jpg

Along these

Valleyview.jpg

Needed some of these

Shadybreak.jpg

Liked this

Jimbo.jpg

and this - click on the pic to bring up the video about 40 seconds (the first 15 seconds is boring - grit your teeth)  :ricky:

Stopped at White Mountain for a snack and a coke

WhiteMountain.jpg

Stopped in Hilton on private land for a view over Pietermaritzburg

MountVerde.jpg

Brilliant trip, lots of fun   :thumleft: :thumleft: