690 Adventure R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avontier

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So it seems KTM is performing a social experiment.

They know it will sell well in SA, and in a few other countries. They already spent the $$ in developing it, and they have the means to produce and sell it easily. They would be the first to produce a potent adventure bike weighing in at less than 140 kg, and with excellent suspension. Why would it not sell??

The only reason I can think of for them not producing it, is because they are sadists of the worst kind. Getting high on watching people go mad in anticipation. The seats they produce is another case in point.

I just couldn't take it any longer, and decided to build my own. I've found a bike I'm gonna buy, and decided on the Rally Raid Kit, which is basically an adaptation of the 990 fairing. The stainless steel Touratech pannier racks will do luggage duty, while a better seat still has to be decided on.

Something like this:
attachment.php

Has anybody else here done it? How good is the Cox Special, and the Pro Action jobbie?