1 Yamaha 1 Suzuki 1 Kawasaki 1 Honda - pics reloaded!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsgofishing

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
It was great having the above assortment on small DS bikes gather at George Yamaha where TrailRider arranged the use of a TTR250 in order to do a review for the George Herald. I made quite a change from the usual "other2" big brands out there  ;)
We met up at Yamaha George at 11 - why so late? - because we were going to be riding very close to home and did not want to arrive at the camp site at lunch time! It was nearly 30C when we set off with TR on the TTR, Smidty on his XR125, Cassie on his Kawa 250 and me on the DRZ.
We first headed for Mantague Pass for TR to take some "beauty" pics for the paper. By the time we stopped at the railway bridge for some pics, he was pretty impressed with the TTR - especially the suspension which he rated as the best of any small bike he had ridden.

P3050015.jpg

Picture by TrailRider
Great little bike, but at R50k I think it's overpriced. For that kind of money you could buy an XR250 and have R10k over for accessories or towards future trips. Or for R7k more, you could have a brand new DRZ  ;D

P3050011.jpg

Here the bikes are at the bridge...
Picture by TrailRider

P1000705.jpg

...and the first drinks break  ;)

We then set off for the farm where we rode around a bit before heading off.

P1000707.jpg

Riding around the farm. It the 1st time I've ever ridden without a helmet - man, it feels good!.
Luckily my little slide didn't cause much harm   :biggrin:

P3050035.jpg

Picture by TrailRider
Slippery little muddy slopes and too much right hand equals back of bike in front of front of bike  :biggrin:

P1000708.jpg

Some prime beef strolling around the farm - they are dairy cattle actually!

P1000711.jpg

P1000712.jpg

One of the BEAUTIFUL braai spots in the indigenous forest on the farm!

P1000713.jpg

Cassie regretting the 3 sips of WIndhoek Lager he took!

P1000714.jpg

A little tree growing out of one of the seats - sorry the focus is on the background not the tree   ::)

P1000715.jpg

Gathering place for the fairies   :D

P1000716.jpg

The inimitable Mr Botha opening the first of many gates....

P1000717.jpg

Did you know that TR enjoys small bikes?   ;)

P1000719.jpg

Now we're on our way to "the spot"

TBC