What are Jaq and Lin doing with their holidays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaqhama

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Well I'm mobile...in small doses.

I've got about 3 weeks of my holidays left and I've been carefully riding around on my BMW road bike.

Lin and I managed to spend last weekend in a really scenic part of the Blue Mountains.

The big news there was that Lin rode the Ducati 680 (with luggage) and we ended up going down the most atrocious dirt road.
Her total time on the Duc before last weekend was an hour or so in a local industrial car park.
So she went from a DT 175 to the Duc in one huge step.
Her first time on the Duc, her first dirt road.
But she did great, I am so proud of her.

I came off the Beemer on the road to Glen Davis, bulldust soft sand encountered unexpectadly will do that.
Maybe I was going a tad too fast, maybe my injuries interferred with my bike handling abilities.
Thank heavens for crash bars is all I can say.
Scraped along on the right hand bar, not a mark on me.
Damn lucky I didn't re-tear some muscles and ligaments.

Lin did not come off. She being more sensible than I.

Caution is ever a half learned lesson with me. :roll:

The dirt road was much harder than I anticipated...I know for sure now that I could not have managed the KLR 650 in South Africa in my present state.
We will post up photos and a ride report of the beautiful valley we found at Glen Davis when we return from our current trip.

Tommorow we leave for western NSW, to ride to the famous Western Plains Zoo.
We will take it very easy and have lots of rest stops.

After that we may ride up to Lightning Ridge, the famous underground opal town.
It's so hot in the desert there that everyone lives underground, even the hotels and pubs are underground.
We will stick to the tarred highway this time. :D

So if you guys don't see any posts from us for a week or two please don't be concerned.
If we're lucky we will find an Internet cafe or something to check emails at, if not it will have to wait until we return to Sydney.

Kilroy told me he found a buyer for the KLR 650 that I bought via Wino a few weeks ago.
If you're reading this Heine...I PM'ed Wino my bank account details.

That's all from Lin and myself at this time.
Wish us luck... :lol:

Red: You can still use that Doctor I sent you the details of to get your anti-malaria stuff from for Botswana mate.

Cheers: Jaq and Lin.