72 virigins each for these Wilddogs!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Some of you that follow us on Pikipiki.co.za know about the shit we had with the bikes on this trip, which was not the end of the world but without the help of these guys the story would have had a very different and not so good end to it.

Elsebies shock bolt sheared off in Zambia and smashed the shock pipes to pieces. I sms'ed Adventurer and within a few days he got me a second hand shock from ACME the BMW scrapyard dealer that's also a vendor here. Adv got the shock to me with a friend he arranged that happened to fly to Lusaka.
Not two days later my Dakars waterprump gears packed up and we were stranded in a small ghost lodge in Kachololo. Again Adventurer had to get us all the parts but this time had to get it to Malawi. We did not had the tools to do the job on site. Metaljockey was in Malawi at the time and we would have spend time with them and Plothond at Fat Monkeys.

Within a few hours Metaljockey and Plothond persuaded another biker there with a VW Transporter to borrow the car to Metaljockey so he can come and get the bike in Zambia, a cool round trip of 1000km and a border crossing he had to bullshit the people to get the car in and out without being the owner or having the correct paperwork. Bullshit baffles brains and we made Malawi a day later with the dakar in the rear. It was also part so we can all have a moerse new years party there.

Now 16000km later, Elsebie and myself are back in Nairobi and the bikes needs more spares for servicing and some other love and care bits. Again Adventurer went out of his way to run around and get us the spares and stuff we need, I understand Welsh, Iceman also had to help out.

It might not sound like anything special but when you sit at a place where there's no bike parts redidly available and if you can find stuff it cost on average 3 times the price for the same stuff in SA, this kind of help from fellow dogs makes a moerse difference!!

All I can say is thanks, you guys are befok, this is what good people are made off and deserve the 72 virigns that's promised to you................ :thumleft: :biggrin:

Thanks from a moerse happy traveller!!! :thumleft: :thumleft:

Attachments

• DSCN2306 (648 x 486).jpg
    DSCN2306 (648 x 486).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 558