Jupiter's Airheads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Some time ago, after a remark I made on another thread, I was invited to start my own thread on my Airhead "collection". At the time  I had two, and now three, after acquiring the R90 some weeks ago. Don't know if it qualifies as a collection, but it would be nice to share with those who wish to listen. I've had some time to think about the content and format, so  here goes.

The first few posts are for myself to talk about my bikes and update you on ugrades, mods, plans etc. In that way, if it bores you, you can skip it and follow what I hope might become an interresting, interactive discussion on Airheads in general. All your input is welcome.

The thread is open to all who have a passion for these old bikes. Tell us about your bike, your plans, post pics, brag, anything goes. And that goes for any Airhead: road, bobber, cafe racer, dirt bike or what ever else you wish to call it. We can talk about our bikes as much as we please without being told were hogging space.

There are already dedicated threads for G/S Airheads and, in general, the BMW Airheads. This is not meant to compete and we will leave those for technical discussions. I noted on some other threads that guys burn to show and talk about their bikes and then get accused of hi-jacking. Here you can hi-jack as much as you like, as long as its on Airheads.

From time to time I will edit these first couple of posts to update you on my bikes should that be of interrest.

There are still a few bikes on my bucket list and I will one day own them. R50(60)/2; a dirt bike, when I can find the right donor and it wont hurt to butcher it; a R80/7 and some more. Some have already been lined up. I just need to persuade the owners to sell.

This thread is also to inspire those who wish to own one of these bikes, but shrink at the cost. If you can dream it, you can have it. I dreamed for 48 years.

Next I will do a short biography to show just why I have such a passion for these bikes. And its by no means rational. It just is.