Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wild dogs for Wild Dogs  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Raka

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Die Dominee
Re: Wild dogs for Wild Dogs
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 02:13:21 pm »
As a nature lover I,m following this initiative with interest.

Tintin et al involved, this is an idea I thought of while reading through the thread.

As Tammy remarked every wilddog has a unique colour pattern and can therefor be identified.I would suggest the possibility to 'adapt' a wilddog for a year with the possibility to renew your sponsorship annually for that wilddog. As a sponsor you then get to name your dog---preferbly your forum name to keep the link to the forum alive.If possible I'd like to adapt a dog in the province I stay or as close as possible with the possibility to go visit him/her maybe once or twice a year, with the cosponsors. We can go by bike to wherever they are kept as a added bonus :thumleft:

Unfortunately I'm not here on 17 April. I would have loved to attend and promote this  suggestion in person.

Let me end with an opening bid for such an 'adoption' per annam of R1000,00 (ZAR that is :mwink:).
My only reservation is that I want a male dog as I can't stomach the idea to have my bitch being sodomized by a little Kilroy dog!!!!

Offline W1P30UT

• 7.2kW Pilot
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Centurion
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:47 pm »
For those that think it sounds like alot... thats R83.33 a month... a couple of beers...
Love is the feeling when you like something as much as your motorbike.

Offline Tintin

• Race Dog
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »
Raka,

You are a genius my friend. I've asked Tammy to comment, as they do something similar, but I like your idea...
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit. I

Offline Tammy

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Lets do this!!!!
    • EWT Website
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2011, 03:07:14 pm »
Hi Raka

Fantastic idea..... we have a Dare to Care Campaign that we run where you can adopt a Pack of Wild Dogs. I will post all the information on that shortly. The reason that we adopt a pack and not individual dogs is that as they are free roaming it virtually impossible to keep track of a single dog. However it is possible to track the pack. The idea of going to visit them is possible and Tinton and I were looking at doing it as a potential fundraiser in the near future.

It is also easier for us to send you news on how your "pack" is doing and feedback ad updates can be provided.

Here's a challange to Raka's bid.... why don't you all join forces and adopt a pack together........ :)

More to follow soon...

PS: You ca then also name the pack

Offline Mikedabike

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 03:10:11 pm »
My only reservation is that I want a male dog as I can't stomach the idea to have my bitch being sodomized by a little Kilroy dog!!!!

Mmm so its OK if your male dog does the sodomising then?  :ricky:  :peepwall:  :ricky:
"if your life were to flash before your eyes make sure it is worth watching"

Offline Raka

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Die Dominee
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »

Mmm so its OK if your male dog does the sodomising then?  :ricky:  :peepwall:  :ricky:
Well look like its going to be a 'groepwoeps' anyway... >:D

@Tammy, thanks for info , keep us posted.

Offline W1P30UT

• 7.2kW Pilot
  • Race Dog
  • Centurion
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2011, 06:23:53 pm »
Hi Raka

Fantastic idea..... we have a Dare to Care Campaign that we run where you can adopt a Pack of Wild Dogs. I will post all the information on that shortly. The reason that we adopt a pack and not individual dogs is that as they are free roaming it virtually impossible to keep track of a single dog. However it is possible to track the pack. The idea of going to visit them is possible and Tinton and I were looking at doing it as a potential fundraiser in the near future.

It is also easier for us to send you news on how your "pack" is doing and feedback ad updates can be provided.

Here's a challange to Raka's bid.... why don't you all join forces and adopt a pack together........ :)

More to follow soon...

PS: You ca then also name the pack

Im guessing there may be enough of us willing to take part that we can adopt packs as a city...
Pta pack, Jhb pack,  CT pack etc...

Just my 2c idea.. :thumleft:
Love is the feeling when you like something as much as your motorbike.

Offline Cave Girl

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2011, 07:22:39 pm »
Would love to join but really don't think I will be sober enough to ride a bike by 8.30 am  :( and after the last incident have been banned from riding while intoxicated.......
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline Tammy

• Pack Dog
  • Lets do this!!!!
    • EWT Website
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:40 am »
Gooooood Morning Wild Dogs

I would like to introduce Brendon to you all - he is our KZN Wilddog Conservation Coordinator. I have asked him to join the thread so that he can explain in a bit more details about the Wild Dogs and their plight. Also should any of you have any questions you would like to ask him go for it!!!!!

He will comment shortly.

PS: the response so far to the get together has been great but we want to meet more of you human wild dogs.... so come on and join us

Offline Tintin

• Race Dog
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2011, 09:02:54 am »
Looking forward to Brendan's input !!  :thumleft:

IN the mean time, here is an official invite to the gathering...

There is a map too but it is too large to post, so if you want it, mail Tammy or myself and we'll gladly pass it on

PS. Please RSVP to Tammy (tammyd@ewt.org.za), we just need to keep track of numbers
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:17:14 am by Tintin »
A dream unthreatened by the morning light Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit. I

Offline Misty

• Race Dog
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2011, 09:45:49 am »
Would love to join but really don't think I will be sober enough to ride a bike by 8.30 am  :( and after the last incident have been banned from riding while intoxicated.......

Cars are allowed  ;D and dont you have a chauffeur??  ;)
Embrace change, you only have one life, and it's so short!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2011, 09:49:47 am »

Cars are allowed  ;D and dont you have a chauffeur??  ;)

Justbiking has a chauffeur...... :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Mikedabike

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2011, 09:50:24 am »
Would love to join but really don't think I will be sober enough to ride a bike by 8.30 am  :( and after the last incident have been banned from riding while intoxicated.......

Cars are allowed  ;D and dont you have a chauffeur??  ;)

:imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:  :imaposer:

"if your life were to flash before your eyes make sure it is worth watching"

Offline brendanw

• Bike: Panther (all models)
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2011, 01:02:19 pm »
Hi Wild Dogs 4 Wild Dogs. Fantastic to see the traffic flowing on this link. I wish I could claim to have a Panther motorbike, but alas. It did look a lot more dignified than a Vespa though! I coordinate the Endangered Wildlife Trust's Wild Dog conservation efforts in KZN. In cooperation with all the other roleplayers in Zululand like EzemveloKZNWildlife, WildlifeACT and the many private reserves we coordinate a management forum called the KZN Wild Dog Management Group. We are trying to keep Wild Dogs in the province alive, the population expanding, and educate the public about the significance of the work. With less than 500 Wild Dogs in South Africa, we have about 150 in our province spread out through Hluhluwe-iMfolozi, Thanda, Mkhuze, Hlambanyathi and Tembe. The idea of adopting out specific packs in our province is tricky since EWT doesn't "own" the dogs. They're on goverment and private reserves and there are specific groups or reserve individuals which monitor those dogs. We're working on the bigger picture....the part that coordinates all these efforts. So I think the better idea is for the group in theory to adopt KZN's population. Efforts and funds are combined to ensure the survival of this entire population. My colleague is looking forward to meeting you all at En-Gedi on April 17th and I'll see you in KZN on the 8th May! Thanks for the support......feel free to send through the questions.

Offline Tintin

• Race Dog
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 01:06:20 pm »
Welcome Brendan.

Only 150 dogs in KZN.... That doesn't sound good at all.

Offline Bos

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Dassies love Tassies. But they love Klippies more
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 06:27:22 am »
kathu,

We need to set something up in the western Cape. I'm going to be in Swellendam from Good Friday to May 1, so I could bing my "knowledge" (ha ha) and meet all the western cape dogs?

Would this work for you guys? I could bring down a whole lot of soft toy pups and info etc etc. Please advise. I'd like this to take off in the Western Cape as well

Tintin, I'd like to attend but won't be able to make it on Easter weekend.  To be honest I think you'll have a hard time getting folks together over that time.  May I suggest the weekend of the 14th of May?

I would also like to suggest a venue:  the Drummond Arms in Rooiels.  It's an awesome ride out there if you're from Cape Town and a bit closer to the Hermanus/Overberg area.  Plus they have a nice little restaurant that can accommodate a fair amount of peeps.  And of course lots of gravel in the vicinity  :ricky:
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs. - Unknown

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 11:14:41 am »
Looking forward to catching up with on the 17th. Will bring whole fandamily along...

Offline Tammy

• Pack Dog
  • Lets do this!!!!
    • EWT Website
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 11:59:51 am »
Hi Roxenz

That's great that you are joining us.... pls can you indicate how many people you will be altogether (the whole family)  :)

Offline Tammy

• Pack Dog
  • Lets do this!!!!
    • EWT Website
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:31 pm »
WOW Guys.... I'm stoked. Tintin and I have just down a quick count and so far there are +/- 30 human Wild Dogs coming through to En-Gedi on the 17th April.......

KZN..... Brendon is really wanting to meet you all on the 8th May so if any of you are keen let me know

Tammy

Offline mannemerak

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 12:22:50 pm »
You can also add an extra one to my name!
Sjoe ek is dors...