Automotorcycles PE - A laugh a minute!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jughead

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Since I had not really had any dealings with the workshop side of things, I refrained from commenting on TornadoF5's thread earlier.  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=64641.0

Now, though, having had dealings with both the spares division and seeing what comes out of the workshop, I thought this may create a bit of a response.

I picked up an F800GS on Tuesday evening.  The client (a lady) had been for a ride and out in the middle of nowhere the one spotlight, supplied as kit by the client but fitted by Automotorcycles, falls off.  There was obvious metal fatigue, so I thought it was a badly designed bracket and would look at ways of improving it.

ndjz2p.jpg

Then I started dismantling it and found this!  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

2dujl94.jpg

The brackets where mangled beyond belief.  They were fitted upside down and, as though that wasn't enough, the left one was on the right and the right one on the left.  This resulted in them not being fitted properly, constantly being loose and causing the spot to vibrate to the extent that the bracket broke.

4p4sy.jpg

Here is the new (IDENTICAL) bracket, fitted the correct way round.

b9acl1.jpg

2nixrtg.jpg

So, it would appear that nothing improves at Automotorcycles in PE.

And don't even get me started on ordering sprockets from that spares division!!