Amageza Run - THANK YOU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Camelman

I have posted this on a separate thread, so I can make sure no-one misses it...

To everyone who attended this first Amageza Run:

I have no words to describe on how I feel after this event. Yes, we had problems. Yes, there were issues. But true to the spirit of the Amageza, we took them head-on, overcame them, and tired but happy, we can now sit back, and plan a even better event.

I would like to sincerely thank all the competitors and marshal's.

Competitors:
Without you, there would have been no event. You jumped into the abyss with little knowledge of what awaited you, and fought through hand tooth and nail till the bitter end. I saw many tired faces that day, but the smiles at the end was all that counted. You are all flippen awesome!

Marshals
Firecoast: Admin-supergirl. You did a tremendous job. Thank you for all the effort you put in the forum to keep everyone informed. Your efforts at the briefings, CP1 and Run HQ where of superb quality and dedication.
Snafu: Thanks for the great back up support you lent. You spent from 06:00 till 21:00 in your bakkie retrieving bikes and bringing fuel! Without your back-up we would have been stuck in more ways than one!
Leftless As usual Kobus gave it his all. From run-communication to last minute advice. In a act of selfless kindness, he spent the whole of Sunday, and up to 22:00 last night, he was still on the road recovering a broken competitor bike in the Cederberg mountains.
AntonW and Eish:
Two more dedicated motorbike marshal's, I could not have asked for. You were at every point asked, and spent 10 hours in the sun riding and standing at check-points waiting for riders. Your efforts and dedication will be set as the standard for coming events!

Media
Robin Brown
As the lone camera-man, Robin spent the whole day on the roads, documenting this event! Thanks Robin!

Sponsors
With no knowledge of the event, they were still prepared to put something in as prizes:
Yamaha Helderberg
Zippisat Satellite Phones
Superbike Solutions Somerset West
STEFAN XRV750

Fenderbender
Heal soon and remember, you were with us, in our minds, all the time!

Andy660
He left Cape Town in the dark to get the Amageza start, then sat with Fenderbender until he was picked up by the ambulance, then sat there for a couple of hours until Fenderbender's bike could be recovered. Afterwards he still stayed with the ride till late afternoon, helping with the recovery of other bikes. Thanks a mil Andy!

And

If there is one motto that the Amageza will stand for it must be this:
We will NEVER leave you or your bike out there EVER. You will ALWAYS be recovered and taken care of. Always. We will NEVER leave a man behind!

I hope everyone of you enjoyed the event, and hope to see you all the next one!

Thanks again,
Alex