Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: JUL MENING OOR BIKE RALLIES !! Please vote.  (Read 3321 times)

Online Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
Re: JUL MENING OOR BIKE RALLIES !!
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »
Did the rally thing in my hooligan roadie days. I'm over it now for the last 16 years, but enjoyed it at the time. DS riding calmed me down a bit.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline GO GIRL

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 08:53:07 pm »
Did a lot of rallies on my ownsome... :D got the T shirts etc...

saw l;ots of things that I dont agree with and had to keep to myself

But also had fair share of fun entertainment watching all the antics.... :o :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hopped on the bike at earliest to go back home....

Was nicknamed the "snob biker chic" I heard much later ..... :biggrin: :biggrin:

DS gives me far more satisfaction...even the DS ralliesbashes......much more fun..... >:D :thumleft:

Offline whitedelight

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »
Well rallies are not really my thing,as I do not see myself as the typical road Baaiker.But went to the buff this year and had a jol.I suppose it all depends on how you rally.
We went up in a group of six bikes,took us almost 10 hours from Cape Town to Mossel bay.We stopped plenty,I got to ride Garcia pass for the first time,spent two hours at the top of the pass having a braai.
Did not camp in the main site,we rented an apartment just outside ,it was cool and we got to have decent sleep.You could still hear most of the happenings,but muted enough to be enjoyable.
Did not see one fight,just a bunch of guys getting karked on by their well juiced other halves.And plenty chick on chick bickering,chicks can be sooo common when intoxicated.
But as the saying goes it is more about the ride than the destination.We just went up cause it was an excuse for a couple of ou's to go away for a cool boys weekend.
My missus went to one rally with me and swore never again.I think I have been to three in the last four years.
Rather live one day like a lion than 100 days like a sheep

Online Lew

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:38 am »
This is a debate that will get to a 100 pages but I also don't see to many reasons for doing a burn out on a super bike at max rev's and losing a 2000 grand tyre for making some smoke, fuck rather ask someone for a cigarette.But like I said diffrent strokes for different folks!!!!Only reason is because I work hard for my toys and look after them.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:40 am »
Some people will play golf for relaxation and be happy with that. Some bikers will be happy sitting around a Wilddog bash campfire, chatting with a drink in hand, others want to be at a place where they can wheelie around, do burn-outs and neutral revving. Sherbet, how we differ!
There's a move afoot to get neutral-revving entered as an olympic event, so do not scoff.

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:14 am »
Like I said each rally got a different character, not every one is always lekker. The Bark SA rallies are to big. I prefer the smaller to mild ones. My first Buff in the eighties was rough compared to the latest ones.

In the years I went to 50 plus rallies I only saw one big bar brawl/fight. And who started it? A drunken young farmer from Villiersdorp. He come to the rally for a look a see and end out cold on the deck after clapping an oke named "Teacher" ((some of you will know whim)) Teacher was riding his Kawa Z1300 to the bar, as he always does at rallies and boerseuntjie did not like it. ::)

Most okes at rallies just look and act the part with all the leather and tattoos. Pretty few of them are really tough. No need to be scared of em. :biggrin:

Who of you Cape okes remembered "mamma"

Gewoontlik n@@i ek reguit aan op fyndraai.

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:56 am »

Talked to Rynet the other day. The first time I met both of you was at the Citrusdal Rally in 2000 (or2001) You were on Africa Twins. And I still remember you two walking around the pool with legs going up all the way to your armpits >:D

Good o'l days ne? :thumleft:

Offline Dusty Rusty

• Sparkle
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • SSS!
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:37 am »
Some people will play golf for relaxation and be happy with that. Some bikers will be happy sitting around a Wilddog bash campfire, chatting with a drink in hand, others want to be at a place where they can wheelie around, do burn-outs and neutral revving. Sherbet, how we differ!
There's a move afoot to get neutral-revving entered as an olympic event, so do not scoff.

:thumleft:
Never underestimate the power of kindness!

http://doutrapper.wordpress.com/

Offline Ama ride ride

• Gravel unlimited
  • Grey hound
  • Ride to ride again
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 08:55:46 am »
I have to tell this

Who of you knwo the CMA chapters? Christian motorcycle Ass.

Anyway they are famous for having free coffee tents at rallies. You can give a donation if you like.

Reason why I love them. Not for the gospel music or brotherly love they give the fallen (drunk) okes but do you know how lekker a cup of freshly brewed coffee taste at 3 in the morning when you had been drinking the last 14 hours? The coffee help you to find your tent.

Big thanks to the CMA for all that free coffees and patience when I spilled them. :thumleft:

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • 100 048 km.
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2011, 09:03:50 am »
I have to tell this

Anyway they are famous for having free coffee tents at rallies. You can give a donation if you like.

Reason why I love them. Not for the gospel music or brotherly love they give the fallen (drunk) okes but do you know how lekker a cup of freshly brewed coffee taste at 3 in the morning when you had been drinking the last 14 hours? The coffee help you to find your tent.

Big thanks to the CMA for all that free coffees and patience when I spilled them. :thumleft:

Yeah big up to those guys, I always support them and man that coffee is good. :thumleft:
Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline SmuGS

• A very quiet
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • 100 048 km.
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 05:50:47 pm »
Like I said each rally got a different character, not every one is always lekker. The Bark SA rallies are to big. I prefer the smaller to mild ones. My first Buff in the eighties was rough compared to the latest ones.

In the years I went to 50 plus rallies I only saw one big bar brawl/fight. And who started it? A drunken young farmer from Villiersdorp. He come to the rally for a look a see and end out cold on the deck after clapping an oke named "Teacher" ((some of you will know whim)) Teacher was riding his Kawa Z1300 to the bar, as he always does at rallies and boerseuntjie did not like it. ::)

Most okes at rallies just look and act the part with all the leather and tattoos. Pretty few of them are really tough. No need to be scared of em. :biggrin:

Who of you Cape okes remembered "mamma"

Teach doing what he does...

Nee wat vlekkelose ek kuier op my lekkerste tussen die rokers,dronkgatte,vloekers,hoere en ander sondaars  :imaposer:
R1150gs,  KLE 500, XT660R.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
Re: JUL MENING OOR BIKE RALLIES !! Please vote.
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »
went to one, have also no immediate plans to do that again..too much leather and burning tyre for me...rather have dirt roads and fields....

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline BOER!

• is 'n GS neersletterende
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • What's Updog?
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »
First Rally I went to was Rhino Rally.  That year they hit record numbers.

Some early morning antics by a Harley Rider, saw him loose his clutch at full throttle and rode over four people sleeping in a tent closeby.  All four people later died as a result of a drunk idiot.

It was a moerse eye opener for me, only having my first ever bike for only three weeks, and I was pissed scared of speeding with the 1200gs.  Let alone riding drunk.  I figured:  How do I control a situation where other people are drunk (17 000) of them to be exact.  Answer:  You can't.

Since then, I only joined the Rhino Rally again three years later with a bunch of Wilddogs.  We only slept and ate there.  Never saw nothing about the rally.  Saw the roads less travelled around the Free state though.   :ricky:

And BTW.  I made sure the other dogs parked their bikes in a circle around my tent.  And pitched it next to a tree facing away from the hustle and bustle.

.... and miss Rhino only had one tit.   :o
My hart kom affie plaas, Waar die Wind en die Son en die Stilte my speelmaats was.

Everybody falls off. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »
I have to tell this

Mmmmf, we had the CMA guys at the FS Bash, I never so much as smelt coffee from their campsite.... :peepwall: :pot: :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline GSBoland

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1100GS
  • Paarl
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
het n paar 5jaar bages en dinge het verander die rallys is anders as tevore wel te veel bike politiek geword en ek is beter as jy en so aan so sal miskien 1 n jaar na gaan maar ook nie eintlik nie maar sal beslis n wd 1 van baie wil doen
Black 1100GS

Offline Skipskop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • ;-)
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »
Dis my mening !
" Of all the things I lost in life, what I miss the most, is my mind"
DRZ 400 E ,1200GS WR450- KLR650 Side-car
Yamaha CV80 Beluga
"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
"Old age is not for the inexperienced" "If you haven't grown up by age 50 , you don`t have to"

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »
Lyk my ek is die enigste ou wat tot dusver op die "poll" erken ek hou van die Ralleys!
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »
Nee, ek ook! Die ander is n blerrie klomp oumanne.

Offline GO GIRL

• Race Dog
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:00 pm »

Talked to Rynet the other day. The first time I met both of you was at the Citrusdal Rally in 2000 (or2001) You were on Africa Twins. And I still remember you two walking around the pool with legs going up all the way to your armpits >:D

Good o'l days ne? :thumleft:

Whew that was a while ago those legs still go to our armpits.... >:D and were they good ol days .... >:D :mwink:

Offline GO GIRL

• Race Dog
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »
I have to tell this

ARR thats for sure that was also another part of entertainment after the SAT Jols.... :thumleft: Have to love the presence of CMA there... 8)