Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Never Ever Again Thank You!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9316 times)

Provocateur

Re: Never Ever Again Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:38 am »
http://www.vpike.com/?place=1212+Pretorius+street%2C+Pretoria%2C+ZA

I have seen bigger.......

Oi, that is not Biking Accessories's shop!!!

:deal:

1212 Pretorius is the address on their website.....

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2011, 11:33:16 am »
http://www.vpike.com/?place=1212+Pretorius+street%2C+Pretoria%2C+ZA

I have seen bigger.......

Oi, that is not Biking Accessories's shop!!!

:deal:

1212 Pretorius is the address on their website.....
It's the even smaller shop to the right if you pan with the KTM stickers on...

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:30 pm »
Can someone please take over the KTM dealership from these tossers guys?

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:19 pm »
Jeez.... is this still dragging on?

Has he apologized yet....? I take it that would be NO otherwise this thread won't be this popular....

Maybe Steve 'Stofsuier' is a partner in this business. Seems like the okes up north like throwing money/tickets into the Jukskei river....

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:00 pm »
I think you pooches owe MA big!  He has created the fastest and longest thread here in months!   :pot:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
Carte Blanche: http://beta.mnet.co.za/carteblanche/Article.aspx?ID=4141

Chantal Rutter:

Biking Accessories is another well-known dealership in Pretoria and, although their sales representative suggested we invest in safety gear, he had no problem selling a 350cc quad to a ten-year-old, even though this bike also had a manufacturer's [no u/16] warning on it.

[Hidden camera] Man 1 (Biking Sales): 'No, that is American Law - here by us... I mean the lighties (laughs). It's not a law here. 'They' just wouldn't like it - the States... ja. It is just advisable - if something happens you can't sue the company or whatever.'

As long as they can make a sale, who cares if a kid is killed - cause you can't sue the company.......

Here I lay the blame squarely at the parents door.

From that article:

"Five years ago, CJ Richards was just 13 and wearing an open face helmet when he crashed his quad bike near Lydenburg. After the accident, CJ was rushed to hospital where the doctor who examined him, Ashraf Mohamed, made a shocking discovery..."

This is not the manufacturers, dealer, salesperson fault. It is the stupid parent's fault who allowed a 13 year old to ride a quad in the first place. He was wearing no gear with a open faced helmet on.....

If the parent is stupid enough sell him a full on racing quad for his spawn.... Good grief.  ::)

People should get licences to breed.... (me included).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:43:14 pm by Grrrr.... »

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:39 pm »
This is getting really silly. Trying to dig around trying to find any sort of unrelated shit is really childish.  :xxbah:

I am biased though, as they've earned my trust, respect, and loyalty through many years of very good service from them.

The main issue here seems to be a clash of personalities, and not R810. Brett even took his Mechanic to TK's place after hours to have it resolved. That to me is a sign of commitment and a willingness to resolve the issue. What was actually said there, and the way in which it was said, only those that were present would know.

Surely Brett could've handled it way better. The (privately sent) email was a big mistake, and just the thing TK needed to rally up support. That being said, the way cheap shots are flying around would discourage him even more to enter this debate (or rather, this pukefest).

I suppose the smell of blood triggers many strange subconscious responses.

PS

I have only seen this thread now. I have not spoken to Brett or anyone else about this. I have also no personal interest in BA whatsoever.

I just think one should resist the urge to join the kangaroo court and public stoning. These are real people you're hurting with your keyboard.

Provocateur

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2011, 12:56:42 pm »
I have deleted my (unfair) unrelated post. 
But, how many "real" people have been done in by paying for services that have never been done.  Not only is it a financial loss, but the person concerned thinks that his bike has been serviced and rides with a sense of well being, not realising that the service was never done.  By the time the next service is due, the bike may have suffered real damage.

And if this means that some uncaring mechanic loses his job, well, too damn bad - he should do what the customer paid for.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:24:54 pm by Provocateur »

Offline pieman

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2011, 01:00:54 pm »
This is getting really silly. Trying to dig around trying to find any sort of unrelated shit is really childish.  :xxbah:

I am biased though, as they've earned my trust, respect, and loyalty through many years of very good service from them.

The main issue here seems to be a clash of personalities, and not R810. Brett even took his Mechanic to TK's place after hours to have it resolved. That to me is a sign of commitment and a willingness to resolve the issue. What was actually said there, and the way in which it was said, only those that were present would know.

Surely Brett could've handled it way better. The (privately sent) email was a big mistake, and just the thing TK needed to rally up support. That being said, the way cheap shots are flying around would discourage him even more to enter this debate (or rather, this pukefest).

I suppose the smell of blood triggers many strange subconscious responses.

PS

I have only seen this thread now. I have not spoken to Brett or anyone else about this. I have also no personal interest in BA whatsoever.

I just think one should resist the urge to join the kangaroo court and public stoning. These are real people you're hurting with your keyboard.

Avontier, I don't agree.  Yes, the mechie and Brett went to visit TK which is great, but the promise of calls etc were not kept.  What would YOU do if you pay R1000 for a service and nothing is done????  So WHAT if TK is difficult, he paid for a service.  Not doing the service, for me viewpoint, alludes to stealing as you are taking money for work that you promised to do but have not done (as shown if you look at the pics).

TK, some okes have mentioned the new Consumer Act.  Consider using it!!!!  It might just be a wake up call for the bike shops who give bikers substandard service.

Offline Chairman Meow

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Obey the Kitty
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »
I have followed this tread from the beginning and only up to Avontier's post I have now thought of adding my 2c.

I'm a building contractor by trade and if I had to look back at how far I have bend backwards to please and accommodate so called 'difficult customers' I can only laugh. TK's story checks out according to his photo's and BB's reply, but all this means shit!

Was does count is that there is up to date more than 4000 views on this topic. Although WD's are not the Alpha and Omega of bikers out there I'm sure his shop will survive this, as there are loads more bikers out there that does not know about it.

At least we are part of a forum community which through actions like this can sidestep dodgy dealers like this and for that I am really grateful. (and of course the fact that I live in CT and don't have to deal with them :biggrin:)
If there's one message to take from this it's that just like the praises of guys like Superfoxi,Dux,Runner, Topbox etc. have been highlighted, so too will bad service not be tolerated.
We South Africans are notoriously known for our tolerance and politeness when it comes to bad service where we opt to rather walk away and not say anything.
Well, I guess through post's like these the tides are turning and in this digital age the pen( or keyboard) is / if not more mightier than the sword after all.
Just like Ray from Cytech which we aaaallll lknow  (except for the unsuspecting overlander with wads of $'s) these guys will operate under the absurd illusion that there always be 'other customers' out there.

As far as any grain of sympathy goes towards people and businesses like BB's, Fuck'em!

In this tight economy independent agents/dealers/maccies etc out there have all the opportunity in the world to take over clients from the big ass dealerships that makes you pay through your ears because thy hold that golden 'warranty trump cards', so if they don't make the best of it...........it's their loss.

In any service or sales industry (in fact most industries) the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS KING!!!  :deal:

any other compromise............go work for the goverment!   :dousing:  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:35:16 pm by Chairman Meow »

Offline Beltzer

• Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »
We went there once, their CC machine did not want to work, we had about R6k worth of kit on the table we wanted to buy. The girl behind the counter became very upset with us because their machine did not want to work. We left, never to return...

I went to Runners shop the other day and they had the same problem, he told a customer to do a internet transfer when he gets home. That may be a friend of his, but still made a impression on me. I will spend all my biking money there from now on.

Wolmerboom Suid

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »
Had the same issue with the CC machine at Runners on Saturday.
Got the same line.
"Do an EFT when you get home"
The man hardly knows me!
I insisted and waited till the machine came on line again but not many okes will say something like that and I'll be back.
Just a totally different experience to what TK had you know where.

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2011, 03:55:09 pm »
Got the same line.
The man hardly knows me!
I insisted and waited till the machine came on line again but not many okes will say something like that and I'll be back.

Runner just tells you the machine is foooked, he has to pay 5% to the bank  :deal: :deal:  :imaposer:

Runner has no issue with me paying by EFT the next day or later the evening, but I know him and visit his shop often. This is a trust that he has with his clients that should not be broken by us clients. He takes a risk in doing that, but I will go back to his shop again and again and again.

:thumleft:

Offline Diesel & Dust

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • As die koppie klein is kak die hele lyf!!!
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »
Can't wait to go up to Runners shop and relieve him of his goodies and his trust in humankind :patch:
I'll take the high road. You take the psycho path...

Ganjora

« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »
Got the same line.
The man hardly knows me!

he also has a fridge full of cold black label quarts,  you know... :mwink:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:18:04 pm by Ganjora »

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Hou die blink kant in!
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »
Now that I wasn't aware of!!!
Bliksem, next time.

Offline GRIM

« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »
Can't wait to go up to Runners shop and relieve him of his goodies and his trust in humankind :patch:

Why do I get the feeling you'd be lining yourself up for an epic world of pain...  >:D
 :peepwall:
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline Aquatic

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2011, 04:46:03 pm »

Why do I get the feeling you'd be lining yourself up for an epic world of pain...  >:D
And printer cartridges
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline Diesel & Dust

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • As die koppie klein is kak die hele lyf!!!
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2011, 04:52:57 pm »

And printer cartridges
You wouldn't do that to a dog, would you O0
I'll take the high road. You take the psycho path...