Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: *Is a 950 a "dirt bike"? WTF!*  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Pieter Willering

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: *Is a 950 a "dirt bike"? WTF!*
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »
I also think you handled it well. Remember it's easy to pick a fight and be a aggro and moer the kak out of him. No solution- Let him feel he is the winner and give him some credit and let him feel good. On the end of the day you get out of the situation as a the overall winner without any issues and he will not give you any kak in future.
Since I have changed my attitude towards others and (trying) to be kind- things have worked out a whole lot better in my life. He has a job to do and most probably had a complaint regarding your bike- now he has the answers.
He needs some training in human relations by not even introducing himself, but again you handled it well. :thumleft: 
BMW GS 1200

Offline GundaGunda

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »
But there is an interesting question here. I dunno the answer.

Could a duly elected body corporate of a sectional title pass a rule that bans motorcycles (of any type) in a complex ?

I checked the act :-

Sectional Titles Act, 1986 (Act No. 95 of 1986)
Part VIII Rules and Bodies Corporate
35. Rules

. . . . .

3)        Any management or conduct rule made by a developer or a body corporate shall be reasonable, and shall apply equally to all owners of units put to substantially the same purpose.

http://www.acts.co.za/sec_titles/index.htm

Now is it reasonable to say a quiet bike (like mine) is not allowed, but a noisy car is - that does not seem reasonable.

I think it is reasonable to argue that if a bike is allowed on a public road it may not be prevented from a complex.

I think you need to check the house rules and if there is a "no bike" rule the that is another fight.

If there is no "no bike" rule then you can gently tell him to mind his own business.

basically the house rules are there to make sure that all the folk can enjoy their ownership - "enjoy" in the legal sense.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:49:52 pm by GundaGunda »
Retired from Adventure Riding.
KLE500 & XTZ660 Gone *sigh*
Now Scooter Commuter & Softroader Softie.

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 03:10:26 pm »
I also think you handled it well. Remember it's easy to pick a fight and be a aggro and moer the kak out of him. No solution- Let him feel he is the winner and give him some credit and let him feel good. On the end of the day you get out of the situation as a the overall winner without any issues and he will not give you any kak in future.
Since I have changed my attitude towards others and (trying) to be kind- things have worked out a whole lot better in my life. He has a job to do and most probably had a complaint regarding your bike- now he has the answers.
He needs some training in human relations by not even introducing himself, but again you handled it well. :thumleft: 

+ 1  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Firesquirrel

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 03:19:21 pm »
Make a recording of your bike revving really loud !!

Burn it to CD

When you leave the complex in Plett put it in your Hi Fi on repeat.... nice and loud .....and leave.. >:D
Current Bikes :  KTM 690

Online TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
Make a recording of your bike revving really loud !!

Burn it to CD

When you leave the complex in Plett put it in your Hi Fi on repeat.... nice and loud .....and leave.. >:D

Wonderful idea.  As he owns a house in the complex,  he will return pretty soon to face the Manager backed by many other irrate owners.  That would keep him busy for some time.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline EssBee

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 08:00:32 pm »
Southern Cape WD's bash at J-Dogs Plett house next weekend... :pot:

Offline >>Thump°C

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »
At least now I understand why they had a fireworks display at Hobie Beach in PE over Easter
http://www.facebook.com/v/1777686196949
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:18:30 pm by >>Thump°C »
Boys will be Boys.
And girls are darn thankful for that

Offline Duracell

• 'n Afrikaanse Boere
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Elke aksie het 'n reaksie.........
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 09:14:31 am »
Southern Cape WD's bash at J-Dogs Plett house next weekend... :pot:
Wonderfull idea, invite all the Hardly Dangerous guys and some of the hard-revving superbike fools also............ J-Dog would definitly loose his ownership of his own home then...... :biggrin:
My moto: "Assumption is the Mother of all F#@x-Ups" - moet net nie van DRANK vergeet nie - 2de grootste oorsaak............

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 11:16:59 am »
Give the HD guys the managers house number as the address  :mwink:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Tusk

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:00 am »
Rules ????

Remeber we live in the new sa therefore:

The only rules worth respecting are your own rules, all the others are merely guide lines. Feel free to ignore at will.

;)
KDX 200