The unthinkable happened...touring on tar..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston Pete

Teach Peace
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Just to share a strange and hitherto unknown experience....a short trip on tar :)

Since i got my bike any & all tar has been done only to get to dirt...all 41000 kms of it.

We set off on Saturday morning to vist the Vortex party near Riviersonderend....however....coming in we experieced some directional failure...but...Struisbaai was around the corner! After a wonder evening with tourists, locals, yokels, new friends and fresh fish...we departed. But not after regretting the local :homebrew: mampoer....my fok... 8)

Thanks Johnnie Bok for the directions....we need to share a fire.. :thumleft:

So the point is that PO reckons we can get a better fish & chips op die fokken weskus....and off we go....the long way round....on tar...to Paternoster...

The bikes sucked fuel like there's no price increase coming! It must be the newish panniers we are running for the first time. PO has the KTM Gobi plastic panniers & i have the Trax.
Murphys law dictates that when you have airbrakes on board there will be a cross-on or headwind....all the way.. :)

What a pleasure to relax a bit & just cruise....on tar 8)