CT to Plettenberg Bay and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveh

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
With a few holidays and accommodation in Plett so lets hatch a plan. Lets start at the end!!

A team ( my two son's and fiance ) take the car to Plett, B team (wife and myself) take the bike.
Original plan was for us to sleep over somewhere on the way while the children would drive through. A team leave CT at 6.30 am, B team leave at 7.30 am. A team arrives in Plett at lunch time, B team ....well we went via Seweweeks poort

Breakfast in Worcester and lunch in Carlitzdorp and then down the Robinson Pass and onto Plett.

B team arrives at 6.00pm

Monday was a quick trip to Natures Valley through the Grootriver pass and unfortunately the Bloukrans pass is closed.

Next outing was a 500 km's round trip from Plettenberg bay through the Prince Alfred Pass. Breakfast at Angies G spot.

Quick break in Meiringspoort.

Then onto the Swartberg pass.

Rain set in as we reached the top so we decided to leave de Hel for another day. Proably just as well as we only got back to Plett as it was getting dark.

Next trip was a solo ride for me via the Knysna passes to George.

Then onto the Montague Pass. Having seen numerous photos on trailriders and others reports, I was really looking forward to this one.

Quick fill up in Avontuur.

Then back to Plett , again via Prince Alfred pass and Knysna

A team left Plett on Thursday and B team on Friday morning. Fitted a new back tyre in George and then took the old road to Mossel Bay. Klapped it to Heidelberg and then took the gravel roads down to Malgas and the famous pont.

Elim

Over nighted in Hermanus and then took a leisurely drive through to home on Sunday.

Finish where we started!!

2300 kms for the round trip.