My second trip on two wheels!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bangbroek

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Oh kay, so the day we were to depart dawned black and rainy...luvly. But soon we had left Cape Town behind and once through the Hex River the rain stopped. Turned right at Laingsburg and swooped (if that is the word to describe the motion of my '99 Funduro...) down the Rooinek Pass (didn't see any?) and through Seweweekspoort, trying to stay ahead of the catching-up rain. Spent the night in uber-luxury at Groenfontein, just outside Calitzdorp, on that little road that runs parallel to the mountains..

Woke up next day to see white crisp snow covering the mountains. Yikes! Did I have the kit for this? Dressed up warm and cruised over the Swartberg Pass at 5 degrees C, enjoying my new Karoo's in the mud. Down the other side to Prince Albert to shop on a public holiday. Pah! It was closed, so I took a nap to work up an appetite for a real Karoo dinner.

Got up early the next day to find my way to Die Hel. What a lekker ride....saw the Swartberg Pass from the other side, turned right at the turn off and just enjoyed mother nature flaunting her finest scenery on the trip down. Stopped on the drop to take a pic and, double yikes, saw a bike lying in the bushes below me. Oh crap - what now? A white bike -no sign of a rider. Checked it out in case it was, like, recent, but there was no sign of any injured anybody, so continued to a little picnic type lunch at the bottom, and then the long haul back to the top. Got back to Groenfontein as the sun was setting, feeling, well, just peachy and dusty and exhilarated.

Next day took a ride over the Rooiberg Pass to check out Vanwyks-something. Nice riding but not as spectacular as the day before, or the one before that. Back up north to the R62 and slept over at a pal's cottage in the mountains outside Barrydale and then home the next day.

Now how lekker is that? Why did no one tell me this could be so much fun? The big question is where to next on my trusty little Funduro???