Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2011 EC Wild Dog Bash - the Report Back  (Read 9555 times)

Offline WabbitKiLR

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: 2011 EC Wild Dog Bash - the Report Back
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:27 am »
Very lekker report and ride guys! Next year I will really really REALLY be there! :imaposer:

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 07:44:36 am »
Near Zuurberg we travelled through the Elephant Back Safari Reserve and I for one was very gratefull not to see any elephants whilst on my scooter!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 07:47:04 am »
Myself and Throttle Jockey had decided to take the DR`s away for a change and I must say I`m extremely impressed by the smaller bikes on all types of terrain!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 07:48:59 am »
Puncture no 2 was somewhere between Kareedouw and Patensie
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:53 am »
Couple more pics on route.....
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 07:53:11 am »
Pics at camp
www.astonesthrow.co.za

terminator1

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 07:54:56 am »
Pics at camp

who was smoking that giant green bong in the first pic at camp?

Offline KTM BIGGER

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • SAB Goblin 700
    • http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 07:59:24 am »
Looks like you guys had extremely good weather thsi year

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 08:16:15 am »
Friday night was a great get together over a burger from Al and a couple of beers, nice to see the Cape Town dogs again!
Saterday morning we did a lovely ouride on the road into the Baviaans - stunning stuff!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 08:34:39 am »
Now I know why you need a pink freckle. If you sleep with the dogs you get flees. I have it on good information that a threesome was going on in the tent that night when the lights went out. All this while you were suckling on mom. ( Shame poor pups)  :pot:
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:29 am »
Some more
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 08:40:14 am »
The Kaapies were of the opinion that this is a terrible road! :biggrin:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 08:42:09 am »
Some more of the surrounds
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:00 am »
We then quenched the thirst!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2011, 08:48:24 am »
 :biggrin:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2011, 08:51:39 am »
Watty, Uncle Al and the others who made the 2011 EC Bash another memorable event - THANK YOU for all your hard work!

I didn't take many pics  of the route from Kareedouw, as our group of George dogs were the ones that came across Big Dom just after  he had his accident on the uphill after the big river where those holiday houses are. I put his arm in a sling, gave him some glucose and seeing I was on the smallest bike  ;) I decided to leave Dirt Copper, McSpanner and DakarDog and ride as fast as I could to the bash site to get Watty to bring his Jeep to collect Dom. There was another rider (?) going towards Kareedouw who would ride there and try and call Watty. Riding into the setting sun on a track that was a bit "challenging" in places took quite a bit longer than I had first imagined. Came across 2 other guys - 1 of which had dropped his 1200GS on a loose rocky climb. They were OK, so I passed them and headed to the camp. I got there just as Watty was leaving and told him where BigDom was.

So now the other 3 George dogs were waiting with BD and I was seriously concerned about them getting back to camp in the dark without being hurt. I was hoping they might decide to camp at one of those houses on the river, but as it happened, they decided to head for camp. McSpanner is partially night blind and put his bike down 3 times and DC had a small off as well. Eventually they all arrived safely at the bash.  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:55:21 am by letsgofishing »
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline Kerritz

• KTSSSSK!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • What a SUPER-loss....DAMMIT man!
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 09:22:02 am »
Eeeeeeish.....julle het julle weer soos Sefebe'a gedra ne!!  :thumleft:

Sterkte Big Dom met die gewrig....heal soon!!
Vorige skoeters: XT660E, TL1000R, 2006 R1200GSA, 2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Anniversary, CRF450R, CRF450X, DRZ400SM, 950 Adventure, 990 SuperDuke (ISM) 2012 R1200GS Triple Black, F800GS, Wolskoeter!

Kaapse Jelly Tot!

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 09:23:28 am »
It was great seeing the WC and EC dogs again and I finally had the honour of meeting the illustrious J-dog  ;D
After a chilled out Saturday, and a great night, I decided to join the WC dogs on the way back as the George dogs were going to slab it 230ks back to George and I didn't fancy that. Got up a 6 on Sunday after hearing my matress go psssssssssss........ at 1am and spending a sleepless night on the ground . We left around 7:30 and rode back to Karedouw. There was quite a bit of mist around and this time we were riding into the sun ::). Andy660 fixeda rear puncture on Saturday, but about 10 or so kays out, had another one. Some of us rode ahead to Kareedouw and waited. A call let us know that that Andy's bike was now on the trailer and on the way. We filled up with petrol and headed for Joubertina where we had a delicious breakfast at the Ark. After watching Andy take his tyre of for the THIRD time, a thin shortish nail was found sticking through the tyre that had previously been overlooked.
It was then on to Avontuur, Prince Alfred Pass, Kom se Pad and Knysna where we all re-fuelled at said our goodbyes. Due to all the delays, the WC dogs decided to cut out their planned dirt route to Calitzdorp and slabbed it through instead.
Thanks Andy660, Bradleys, Wayne H, PistonPete and Donovan for a nice ride back.
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline DRAZIL

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Alpha et Omega
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:20 am »
some awesome photos rolling in,keep them coming :thumleft:
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”
Charles Manson

Offline briv

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • I know how an Ostrich sounds!!! knaplap huh !
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:15 am »
Awesome lekker trip... ENKEL lekker  :mwink: and the Rust-en-Vrede 4x4 Trail is a must, the views are spectacular...

Watty dankie ou maat, dit was moerse  !!!

To almal,  that I had a dop with.... scholl again !!!  :thumleft: I even got to know some of the Grahmstad dogs, farken etters  :pot:   :biggrin: en laaste die Kaapies... te do my broe  :thumleft: got one or two pics I'l gooi later
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:22:51 am by briv »
oor B..erge en RIV..iere sal ons ry,
mag dit altyd tog so bly....
KTM 640 ADV. BMW 650 DAKAR. Africa Twin RD07. KTM 990 ADV. BMW R1200 GS

is jy moeg,,,,, of vaak groot gemaak?  (2StrokeDan)