A few thousand KMs across Southern Africa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witold_dc

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Earlier this year I found myself browsing the web and saw these cheap plane tickets to Johannesburg. I have never been to Africa, but this being every kid's dream, including mine, I started thinking.  What better place to ride and find some stories?  Africa is synonymous with nature and adventure. This trip had to happen.

So I purchased my ticket and started doing some research.  I found a cool South African motorcycle forum, posted my story, and started looking into bike options.  In the end, it was one of the forum members that really made this trip happen by renting me his bike and for that I'm eternally grateful.  Without this, I don't think this trip would've worked out nearly as well as it did.

I would like to tell you that I did a ton of research and preparation for the trip, but reality is that the more information I found, the more uncertain I became.  I arrived in Johannesburg with my Lonely Planet guidebook and no plan other than taking a pretty easy ride up to Victoria Falls.  After that, the plan was to play it by ear.

And so, the trip begins. 
IMG_0002.jpg