New biker an new member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lourens

Hi.

I am new to bikes and to this forum. I started to to toy with the Idea to buy a bike after a friend of mine bought a Suzuki SV 650 about 4 months ago. He pointed me to the bikesa.net forums which led to think bike which led me here.

I read a lot of stuff on the web, among which all of flames on my tank(the best advice site I found on the net), I spoke to a lot of people and I went to look at a lot of bikes around Jhb.

It took me a long time to decide which bike is right for me. The bike at the top of my list went from a Yamaha Vmax to a Yamaha XJR 1200 to a Yamaha XT 660 (I started with Yamaha since I had a terrible crush on a DT 50 when I was in st 8 but it went nowhere (my dad would not let me)) to a Kawasaki KLR 650 to a BMW F650GS to a BMW R1150R Rockster(briefly) to a F650GS to a KTM 640 Adventure and back to a F650GS. After about 2 weeks and no change I traded my four cheap Italian wheels in for two new German ones.

I have been riding it to work now for 2 weeks and have been to Hartebeespoortdam twice and to Pretoria once. I enjoy every moment on the bike. I have not had so much fun since I rode the life out of my uncle's Honda XL250 when I was 16. I can't believe that it took me so long to get back on 2 wheels again.

Here is a photo of my ride after I whased her on Sunday:

F650GS2.jpg