Bonnievale Offroad May 2011 - Ride Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So this weekend marked my 2nd official Off-road event in Bonnievale. I was nervous as hell leading up to the event (what's new?) after reading the pre-race banter on Cape-Enduro forum saying that the route was "old school enduro" type layout and there was plenty of water lying about so it was going to be a mud bath. I was just getting used to sand and now suddenly there was mud to deal with  :eek:. Besides, the last event I did with the word "enduro" in it was Matroosberg and I still have nightmares about that ride. 

My preparation for this event was a bit better than for Wellington. I've been able to spend at least 2 hours per weekend over the past few weekends training on the KDX, and also 3-4 gym sessions a week. Not enough, I know but at least I was more comfortable on the bike and getting the hang of riding sand, berms and the odd jump or two  :thumleft:.

I was fortunate enough to have 3 mates come through and support me on the day, T-Dawg (who broke his shoulder a few weeks ago), Ian (old cycling mate keen on starting enduro's) and Dux, who is my main mackie and KDX guru ;-) 

The 3am wake up call on Sat is something I'm gonna have to get used to  :eek:  and so too the going to bed at 9:30pm on a Friday night  :'( The things we do for pleasure (or should that be pain?).

Thanks to T-Dawg for the photo's, not too bad for an oke operating with one hand  :D

Pics:
1.The race area
2. Myself & Ian at the start line.
3. Riders flighting for first spot into the single track.

Attachments

• IMG_6066.JPG
    IMG_6066.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6030.JPG
    IMG_6030.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_6035.JPG
    IMG_6035.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 208