WC - Bush Tracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossed-up

Pangaman
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
I've been trying to decide why I can't stop grinning after the most amazingly lekker morning's riding.  I  couldn't figure out why it was so particularly enjoyable. 

Was my euphoria caused by getting completely pissed at the Barrel after the ride?  No, I've done that before. 

Was it all the new tracks? No, nothing I haven't done before. 

Did I do some hyperbolic new riding thing and was I the centre of attraction? Mmm, no!

Then I realised what it was.

It was a fantastic group of riders.  Without being told, every rider looked out for the rider behind him.  No one got lost and everyone had a really good ride.  The group "gelled" very well.  No egos came into play.  The bikes ranged from a Bushlander to a 990 but everyone had a good time. 

Thank you to all of you for making the morning the success it was.

In case you wondered I now know that a 990 can go anywhere any bike can go. 

I know that some pics were taken.  Perhaps some will be posted.

Thanks guys.

The short RR:

9 of us met up at Zone 7.  The 1200GS took one look at the terrain and the shininess of his bike and wisely retreated.  We proceeded to explore the little tracks when all of a sudden Andy660 popped out of the bush.  He'd got the meeting time wrong but managed to track us down.  So we were back to 9.  We did some seriously tight little tracks, including a section where there was no track at all and we made out way through the "virgin bush".  This was fun, but Snafu's Honda 230 ran out of battery and we had to send him home. 

Later 3 chaps left, leaving 5 of us to finish via the tightest track of the day and so to the pub. 

That beer was superb beyond belief!