Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Youth Day Quicky - Noob Solo  (Read 687 times)

Offline DJ

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Member of the SSS
Youth Day Quicky - Noob Solo
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:56:21 am »
So it was Youth Day and I had some time on my hands, was going to have a "rustige" ride with Laurika, but alas her elbow was still painful from her off a while back, she was so gracious to sms me the route.....Big thanks L  :thumleft:

Here is where the fun started....read L's sms and thought it was easy enough....WRONG!!! ....a small reading error and instead of heading down Beyers Naude to the K'dorp highway, I took Malibongwe...  :deal:   ....followed the route, but HUH??? ....I'm lost...

So, I was near Lanseria and decided to do another route Stevie suggested....what a nice ride....think it is one of Jimbo's routes. Thanks Stevie  :thumleft:

Took the road towards Lanseria Airport, instead of turning towards the main terminal I went straight as instructed. Turned left at the T-junction and followed the dirt road, came to the first bend and took a right towards the river....my first water crossing....Stevie mentioned that there was a hole about 3/4 of the way across on the right, or was it left, or should I keep in the right...  ??? ....I decided to stay in the centre and promptly rode straight into the hole, feet down, boots and jeans wet, but luckily I didn't drown my Peg...made it across...whooo hooo...

I followed the road behind Northern Farm and did some exploring, there are lots of nice dirt roads annd decided to head north to the "koppies".  :ricky:

Did a bit more exploring, I don't have a GPS so I just rode everywhere...

The view towards Lanseria Airport

Decided I was hungry and my Peg was thirsty too, so I headed back the way I came....yippie another chance at the water crossing...

I decided to keep right on this try, but alas rode into the hole again... :BangHead:  ...wet feet again...

The other side.

Headed back towards Lanseria and a much needed reward at "Chicken Pie"....yummy....nothing like a delecious chicken pie to still a mans hunger and a little something sweet for after....

All in all it was a great experience and an awesome way to break my offroad "cherrie".

Looking forward to many more offroad miles.... :ricky:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:03:25 am by DJ »
Previously owned: Vuka RM200, Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650, Suzuki DRZ400E, Kawasaki KLE500, Suzuki DR350

Offline Stevie

Re: Youth Day Quicky - Noob Solo
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:06:26 am »
Hey well done DJ, and don't sweat riding into the hole,
I know of a seasoned wilddog that aborted a night ride after riding into the same hole and getting wet feet!!!!!  :pot:

See you on the next one

Offline TerrorSA

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Autoland PE - William Moffett Exp
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:50:06 am »
Nice ride, thanks for posting  :thumleft:
Truimph Tiger 800 XCX
Yamaha XT660R

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:45:39 pm »
Damn DJ, that looks like al lovely route you took, will you show it to me one of these days please? and hitting that hole is object fixation...nothing more....do like my dog, he looks away from me, and then i dont exist anymore for him....it seems to work :thumleft:   thanks for the lovely pics...that area has such a "golden- field" charm to it....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:47:09 pm by laurika »

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Charka

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Dink vinnig-leef verwoed
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »
Like the chieken curry..................................
Till the end of people

Offline Panjo

• In Exile
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Getting ready for the Adventure!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 07:43:27 pm »
Nice Pics Dale. Do the Xkulchas fit?
KTM 990 Adventure ABS
BMW 1150 GSA "DAS PEEG"
Vespa 150 PX -Sold
KTM 950 Adventure S  - Dark Knight -Sold
KTM 640-e -Sold Klr 650 -Sold kle 500 -Sold BMW C1-200 Exec -Sold BMW C1-125 - Sold

Offline DJ

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Member of the SSS
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:57:02 am »
Damn DJ, that looks like al lovely route you took, will you show it to me one of these days please? and hitting that hole is object fixation...nothing more....do like my dog, he looks away from me, and then i dont exist anymore for him....it seems to work :thumleft:   thanks for the lovely pics...that area has such a "golden- field" charm to it....

Kewl Laurika, sure we can do it sometime.  :thumleft:

Nice Pics Dale. Do the Xkulchas fit?

Thanks Panjo, the pants fit great!!! :)
Previously owned: Vuka RM200, Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650, Suzuki DRZ400E, Kawasaki KLE500, Suzuki DR350

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:40:50 am »
Awesome!  ;D
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!