Youth Day Quicky - Noob Solo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djpreston

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
So it was Youth Day and I had some time on my hands, was going to have a "rustige" ride with Laurika, but alas her elbow was still painful from her off a while back, she was so gracious to sms me the route.....Big thanks L  :thumleft:

Here is where the fun started....read L's sms and thought it was easy enough....WRONG!!! ....a small reading error and instead of heading down Beyers Naude to the K'dorp highway, I took Malibongwe...  :deal:   ....followed the route, but HUH??? ....I'm lost...

So, I was near Lanseria and decided to do another route Stevie suggested....what a nice ride....think it is one of Jimbo's routes. Thanks Stevie  :thumleft:

Took the road towards Lanseria Airport, instead of turning towards the main terminal I went straight as instructed. Turned left at the T-junction and followed the dirt road, came to the first bend and took a right towards the river....my first water crossing....Stevie mentioned that there was a hole about 3/4 of the way across on the right, or was it left, or should I keep in the right...  ??? ....I decided to stay in the centre and promptly rode straight into the hole, feet down, boots and jeans wet, but luckily I didn't drown my Peg...made it across...whooo hooo...

I followed the road behind Northern Farm and did some exploring, there are lots of nice dirt roads annd decided to head north to the "koppies".  :ricky:

Did a bit more exploring, I don't have a GPS so I just rode everywhere...

The view towards Lanseria Airport

Decided I was hungry and my Peg was thirsty too, so I headed back the way I came....yippie another chance at the water crossing...

I decided to keep right on this try, but alas rode into the hole again... :BangHead:  ...wet feet again...

The other side.

Headed back towards Lanseria and a much needed reward at "Chicken Pie"....yummy....nothing like a delecious chicken pie to still a mans hunger and a little something sweet for after....

All in all it was a great experience and an awesome way to break my offroad "cherrie".

Looking forward to many more offroad miles.... :ricky:

Attachments

• Image00028.jpg
    Image00028.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Image00009.jpg
    Image00009.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 227
  • Image00010.jpg