PIET SKIET IS SPOTTED IN AURORA , WHERE THE F----- IS AURORA ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Its Here ! But Alas Piet Skiet , was not !

8am sharp Leftless , AntonW and I met up at the Total garage in Richwood.My Destination originally was Elandsbaai via Aurora.
We decided to start at with the route to Aurora and go up to the Mountain to the Military Base.
I`ve seen it from Kapteinskloof mountain Pass before.
Wow , what a lekker road up and some surprising chalets  for up there for hire !
Info to follow.
But then that was after AntonW `s  KTM cooked its battery .
After some attempts at the wiring , we gave up and Leftless towed his bike back to Koringberg,
We called Pistonpete who promptly jumped into his bakkie and came out to fetch Antons bike (Must be a KTM thing ! lol),
Your the man Pete ! Thanks.
The Bikes
DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

OOPS !Rotten Eggs , no ! A boiling Battery !
DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

Eish ! My Bike she`s broken , Again !!!

After Antons bike was towed to town  and dropped if off at a restaurant , ( for breakfast ), we carried on with our route.
We got to our bridge over the Berg River , but had to turn around as the bridge was a meter or so under water.

2011-06-18114648.jpg

So we headed back toward Koringberg and took a left down the alternative route, where we managed to cross the Berg River.
We headed to Aurora on a boring tar road.

The road up the Aurora mountain , was a dirt road , I was expecting a tar road as it goes up to and  Airforce Radar station.
It was quite a twisty , steep corrugated road , with a magnificent view,

2011-06-18135816.jpg

2011-06-18135834.jpg

There are two small looks that you ride through on the way up

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

At the top of the Mountain We discovered Annes Little piece of Heaven "Mountan Mist"
A Mountain Retreat , With Chalets Fully Equipped , Self-Catering Cabins.
She offered to make to make Burgers for us , if we decided sometime in the future to come for a sleep over in her chalets .
We went on to the end of the road where we took some pics of the Awesome Views from one of the chalets.

2011-06-18133342.jpg

2011-06-18133529.jpg

Looking Out Over Kapteinskloof Valley

2011-06-18133401.jpg

2011-06-18133947.jpg

2011-06-18133601.jpg

AuroraMapupMountain.png

Have a look at her website so you can get her details

https://www.mountainmist.co.za/Default.htm