ADV MOTO - One Night Stand 12 May (Pics - Beware)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaMojo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Here's the initial report. The other guys also took some nice pics and I will add some later (when I get them)

We left PTA at 7AM making our way via the back roads to Villiers to meet the rest of the guys.

I stopped at Delmas for a quick coffee and the Prof pulled up with the 950. He was also a bit late, so we made our way. Stopped at Villiers, Lots of faces and barely time to greet as they were already waiting for us. So off we went towards Cornelia.

The Route:
Map1.jpg

Then Gravel from Cornelia to Vrede. Weather was Awesome with just a light breeze to clear the dust.
Stop1.jpg

Stopped in Vrede for refreshments, then off towards Memel/Harrismith Area.

We came upon a section of road being repaired. LEKKA SANDY. One guy nearly lost it big time in front of everyone else. And another did put his new 1200GSA down Softly. he had to stop for Cows on that section, ABS was on, = No Brakes = Put it down softly rather than hit the Cattle. No damage though.

Then Chris went back down to Play some.
Sand1.jpg

Stop with the mountains near Harrismith in the background.
Stop2.jpg

And Sommer a Group Photo. 11Bikes, and did I mention, The Weather was Great.
Group1.jpg

And the Tiger In Flight:
Tiger1.jpg

Another stop after crossing under the N3 on the way to Kestell:
Stop3.jpg

We stopped at The Shack in kestell to refresh and watch the rugby. (Pics later).

Some of us left for the farm before the end of the rugby. and the rest watched till the end. In that time after I left some locals did some affirmative shopping on some of the bikes luggage. A real Pity as it dampened the spirits a little. (A Sleeping Bag, Dual Fuel stove etc etc were just ripped off the bikes, Luggage were sommer cut, as they were obviously in a hurry. So next time we will avoid the town, Go straight to the farm, drink our own drinks, and wont spend money in town.
11 Bikes - 18 odd People, all buying drinks, slap chips, pizzas, more drinks. You make the sums.

(Pics of our Braai Later)

Next Morning: The Farmhouse:
Farmhouse.jpg

The Backpackers: (Sleeps Ten) More if some pair Up :lol:
Backpackers.jpg

If ever you want to go to the Golden Gate area, Need a Sleep over, Just PM me and we will organise the Backpackers @ R50.00/Person.

Then on to Golden Gate via the Gravel Back Road:
Mirror.jpg

Prof comes flying along on the 950:
KTM.jpg

it Just ticked over 90 000km and he confirms it is now just run in nicely.
Koos, not used to chain drive having a look:
KTM1.jpg

Golden Gate:
GGate1.jpg

Those Beautiful Cliffs:
GGate3.jpg

And Scenery:
GGate2.jpg

And the Prof ready to order Breakfast and Lime Milkshake in Clarens:
Prof.jpg

We then said our good buys and headed home on the back roads.
Home at about 16:00 on Sunday. Total Distance = 860km. No one injured or hurt.

Everyone had a Great Ride.
Till next time, Ride Safe. :thumbleft: