Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Milddog's DRZ pimp thread  (Read 7620 times)

Offline man0war

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
Re: Milddog's DRZ pimp thread
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2010, 06:43:43 pm »
the pipe wasn't new to start with, so as long as the repair is done properly, i would not have a problem with them fixing it. it is their way of "fixing" their mistake.

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:45 pm »
the pipe wasn't new to start with, so as long as the repair is done properly, i would not have a problem with them fixing it. it is their way of "fixing" their mistake.

I do not agree with this as the oldest trick in the book is to say that it was not new to start off with.Well anything older than a day is no longer new anymore!

To some people an "old" object may well be worth more and in better condition than another persons almost new,replacement product  or even his new.
The fact remains that quality of work and customer satisfaction should be first and formost priority.

I believe that a person should be held fully accountable if he has the privilege of doing a job for me when I am rewarding him in turn for it.
Imagine if a surgeon f&cked up and has the same attitude as this guy."His eyesight was poor anyway????????It was not new to start off with!!!!!!!!"
As for his CRM skills well I guess you now know what to expect next time.I sure as hell would not visit him again. ;)

Infact because of his attitude I will tell as many people as I can of his "GREAT"service.

It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
I must just say, I freaking LOVE my DRZ. it's such an awesome little thing. I will post pics of my various 'mods' of late. HID and polisport headlamp shroud, ceramic coated header, scorch tail pipe, metal-bar handguards. with put on a UFX Polisport front fender and smaller indicators in the coming months :) then I suppose I should learn how to ride!!!

GPS?

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:02 pm »
I do not understand, Milddog, what was there that the coating people had to put together for you? They do coatings on articles you take to them, or do they also remove, coat and refit?
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2010, 08:18:29 pm »
Did the end cap fall off? You can just buy a replacement cap, the drz one screws on with allen head screws

Offline man0war

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2010, 08:43:05 pm »
comparing a bike's exhaust with a surgeon, well that's like comparing nathaniel with madona. what i would want, and i don't think it would be unreasonable, is to be no worse off than i was before. i would not expect to be better off than before, but at least compensated for my inconvenience of having to bring the items back again. something like refunding me for the job and making sure that the repairs are done 100%.

if you take your car in for a service and the guys test drive and ding it, do you expect them to replace it, or repair it.

all i am saying is that we all have to be reasonable, both client and service provider. milddog, you have to decide what is reasonable to you and what will make you happy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:54:15 pm by man0war »

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »
R5300 for a Suzuki Exhaust  :o :o :o :o :o :o\

For that price you can put on a FMF Powercore 4 pipe with a Powerbomb headerpipe. ;)

Offline TerrorSA

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Autoland PE - William Moffett Exp
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2010, 09:34:40 pm »
At least the oke is willing to assist you in some way. Don't think its fair to ask for brand new parts.
Truimph Tiger 800 XCX
Yamaha XT660R

Offline MildDog

• Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »
I do not understand, Milddog, what was there that the coating people had to put together for you? They do coatings on articles you take to them, or do they also remove, coat and refit?

I took them the full exhaust, they took off the endcap and coated everything else, then when they fitted it back on they did not fasten the bolts properly, so it came loose and tore one of the threads off the exhaust can.

Did the end cap fall off? You can just buy a replacement cap, the drz one screws on with allen head screws

I didn't think I could do that! If they can fix that missing thread, then that is the solution.

At least the oke is willing to assist you in some way. Don't think its fair to ask for brand new parts.
Ya, he is willing to come up with a solution, which is cool. I mailed him the solution that was suggested to me buy a mechanic, that he buys me a new aftermarket end pipe. But R2000 did seem a bit unfair. But for me riding with an exahust that obviously looks repaired will feel very unfair.
I crash test all of my safety gear. Do you?

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:18 pm »
Just by a new endcap, you can retap a thread for the bolt easily, don't think you can excpect to have some guy buy you a new aftermarket pipe for that.
Did you check the bolts before fitting the pipe?

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2010, 11:14:21 pm »
Watch out, if you don't stop whining, they'll give you a Bosson pipe :pot:

Offline JamesXRV

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »
I know from experience, sh!t happens. If they are willing to repair, give them a chance. See how it comes out, it may look OK, if not, take it from there.
If at first you don't succeed, take another swig of whiskey and try again...

Offline Ball and Chain

• Formerly Die Hoof Ouderling. Now back to his old self
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Honda xpress
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2010, 07:38:46 am »
Watch out, if you don't stop whining, they'll give you a Bosson pipe :pot:

:biggrin:

Honda Xpress

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:51 am »
I know from experience, sh!t happens. If they are willing to repair, give them a chance. See how it comes out, it may look OK, if not, take it from there.

Agree

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2010, 09:59:25 am »
looks like their is fault on both sides here, if you did the final fitting yourself than if the part fell off surely you should hold your self responsible for not checking all the bolts and nuts on assembly. you must remember that these guys do ceramic coating to all sorts of different parts and half the time they don"t know what the parts are for,so if i sent something in for re coating i would make sure that i checked all bolts nuts gaskets where in order before and after i fitted the parts just my 2cents worth.

Offline MildDog

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2010, 05:44:05 pm »
Roughly 30% of the dogs have told me to stop whining.

Thanks guys :)

Lesson learnt: check everything when refitting parts.

As Etienne says 'life's hard hey'.

Offline Yami Super 10

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • 1200 Super 10
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2010, 10:15:19 pm »
Guys!

Lets get to the point. Does not matter what it was or how much it costs. Could be old or new, if old then they supplier/repair  station should notify you, and only on that do you take it on yourself.
#1 - one takes a part/item in to get repaired/made nice or revamp.
#2 - You paid for it, did not dispute the price.
#3 - If it happens that the part/item gets damaged due to THEIR shabby work.
Fark let them pay for their mistakes! Why must one walk away and be happy with second best.
Even if you fit a part, must you go through the item to check their workmanship ?
Ya right, go get a reman engine, strip it to see that all has been secured under the sump :deal:
Get a tube fitted strip it down to see that it has actually been fitted :imaposer:

SA is going down with service to the public!
When I buy something, and if anything goes wrong ??? It will be replaced with a new one! Thats what I paid for!
My dealer has a hard time with me :imaposer: If he does not want my business, I can and will go somewhere els :deal: There is a lot of businesses out there that would love my money :patch: So GIVE SERVICE!!

M 2c

I get for what I pay. :biggrin:
Geduld
Is n stadige manier om jou moer te strip!
Bikes: 2010 & 2019 ST1200
          2014 660XT

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »
It is important that you strip the parts yourself and only take in the parts to be worked on, these guys' core business is coatings, not remove and fit.

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2010, 11:27:20 pm »
Milddog, was it just the endcap that fell off? The piece that is held on by 3 screws?

Offline MildDog

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2010, 12:12:38 am »
Milddog, was it just the endcap that fell off? The piece that is held on by 3 screws?

YES :( The top screw ripped the thread out of the can as well. Nothing huge, but annoying and not my fault. But I have stopped whining.