Which Plastic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me decide, please.

• YZ250

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • CR250

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • WR250 (Husqvarna)

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Berm_Rooster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I have some choices and need someone to help me see the light! To replace my shameful and sorrow CR500, I want a 2007-ish 2T plastic. This will be a play bike, END and MX style. Hy moet op altwee bane kan operate! Of the myriad of options, I have narrowed it down to 3.

YZ250

721F1D3EDF8D468EB0B567D4D71FCFF0.jpg

I know this is the bike I should get, because there is a (very good, I'm told) dealer close by. Parts are relatively affordable and available. Options for WR-ing it are plenty. Very popular bike, so aftermarket and second hand parts are plenty.

I dont want it because I'm a Honda fan!  :(

CR250

2004cr250r.jpg

I am after this one because I'm a fan. One of the arguable pro's is the Ally frame. Lighter? I dont know, dont care. It looks befok!

I shouldnt get it because backup in my area is not that great, so I'm told. It will be setup in standard guise for an MX track, and I'm not planning to race, so will be kak on END style tracks.

Husqvarna WR250

wr-250-2010-7937711.jpg

Pro's: WR box! Another huge plus is the fact that it can be roadworthied with no effort! That means I can ride it from my home to where I want to play, instead of having to load it on the bakkie (which has a canopy on). Most sellers still have the road kit to sell with the bike. Good suspension. Very underrated bike overall.

Con's: No backup in my area (I know I can order from Primrose, but I prefer not to). Kak resale value! Limited aftermarket stuff in SA? (not that I would need anything). Unknown reliability.

HELP!!!!