Service excellence - KTM Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badseed

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
My weekend turned pair shaped after I binned my 990 in the Cedarberg (just beyond Eselbank). With the clutch cover punctured I got towed by Baas Attie about 30 kms back to Oasis, and then him and the rest of our posse continued onto Hondeklipbaai leaving me with my sick bike. My wife drove through from Cape Town to rescue me and I was home early sunday evening , leaving my bike behind. Monday morning I called KTM Cape Town to ask if I could use a trailer to collect the beast. Ashley Baud the owner without hesitation insisted that he would personally collect the bike in the Cedaberg (about 450km round trip) and there was no talking him out of it.  At 11:00 I recieved a sms (bike collected , on route home) and by 14:00 it was back at KTM Cape Town. Ashley and his team's commitment to his clients and the adventure bike scene is the reason I'll continue riding KTM bikes as long as they're about. This isn't the first time they've gone beyond the expected to help me. Well the best bikes on the planet and a dealer and team like these guys I'm a pretty happy bloke . (can someone just help me stay on the bike)

Thanks also to Gerrit from Oasis for his help as well as Hoit for helping me out on sunday. The biking comunity really look out for one another. Thanx to everyone , crashing out in a harsh remote spot turned out turned out to be no big deal and indeed a positive experience.