Back in the saddle at last!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenisis

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi there Guys and Gals or Dawgs and Dawgettes!

I am finally on the mend and i am now having enough confidence to get back on my bike after my broken collar bone. This is my second outing so i decided to have a  ride in some of the best dunes in the UAE.

We, my mate Hanno and i decided to have an early morning run from The Satellites to Lasili and back. Stoping for breakfast on the way!

These are the dunes that we had to contend with!

eb1aebce.jpg

Awesom Virgin Sand no tracks any where in sight!

Here is a Pick of my mate Hanno.

45f6eb08.jpg

Here i am.

52a91b85.jpg

The riding was very slow going as we have had a steady wind in Dubai for at least the last 3 - 4 weeks. There are a lot of soft pockets and the dunes arent always please about us riding on their backs! Luckily there were no problems and a good ride was had.

Here is the breakfast! Ye i know its not a Wimpy breakfast but ill have a couple of those when i am home in August. (Dont Worry Dean I havent forgotten about the boots!

The Garage:

79529f40.jpg

The Breakfast.

c38a8c52.jpg

And here is me having The Breakfast!

2d59d0bf.jpg

We completed the 119 km ride in just under 3 and half hours and it was not a moment too soon as i have forgotten how hot the desert can get at 10 am in the morning as it was 41 deg when we returned to our vehicle!

Hanno thanks for the great ride! It will propably be my last for a while as i suspect that my Orthopod will  remove the pin in my shoulder this week!

Cheers