Visiting the Old ZAR!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Sorry Guy's very few photos this time.

I've been promising ZAR that I'll come visit for some time now, and this weekend I at long last fulfilled that promise.

I left PTA at 6:00 after a lengthy kitting session trying to keep the cold at bay.
It failed!!!  :-[
Halfway to Krugersdorp I started enjoying the riding and realized with a shock that I left my whole backpack with all my camera equipment at home. The kitting procedure robbed me of my last attention span and left me Cameraless!! :eek:

Gulped a Lekker hot coffee at Pinehaven and set off.

At Tarlton I joined the gravel that took me all the way to Lichtenburg with only short tar bits here and there.
At one point I was cruising down the gravel at a good rate of knots and passed a slower moving vehicle, only to find the reason for his tardiness! SERIOUS Wash-outs. Luckily I have a Honda XR and getting the front wheel in the air is not such a big problem. I went through at about 130kph, with some major puckering in the posterior.
This road also offered some ridiculous rocky bits alternated with some nice sand to keep you on your toes.

Arrived in Lichtenburg at about 9:15 despite about 30min worth of stopping along the way.
ZAR, Riaan(sorry forgot you forum name) and myself, had a lekker kak praat session, exchanging stories and some laughs. ZAR's two Bears also provided some entertainment ;D

img00203201107091015.jpg

This puppy is only 10weeks old :eek:

Later ZAR and me visited a friend of his' place to feed the baby doggies :eek:
I instantly fell inlove with these animals.

img00205201107091239.jpg

ZAR hoping the Irish Wolfhound take their titbits from the correct bag! ;D

img00204201107091234.jpg

Check the size of the golden retriever compared to these Zombie dogs.

From there ZAR took me on some awesome short cuts and farm roads to his place.
img00210201107091305.jpg

img00211201107091652.jpg

I had an awesome time visiting with ZAR and his Family.
Thanks for the hospitality and the AWESOME food!!! ;D

I leave you with one last Photo of ZAR and his little 10 month old Otchavara!!

img00212201107101033.jpg