Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: July 8 to 10 "Aidone - Reserve Cavagrande Cassibile-Sicily-Italy - Photos  (Read 375 times)

Offline charlyno

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • I VIAGGI DI FRANCESCO

Hello guys

weekends on the road .. with temperatures between 32 and 41 degrees.
 First stop Aidone (EN) guest of the B & B The Bridge of Mr. Lelio. We visited the beautiful archaeological museum of the city, which recently "newly embraces" the famous "Goddess of Morgantina" stolen in 1911 and recently returned from the American museum that housed it. In the evening great feast of local delicacies and visit the city's night .. .. just to digest!

Saturday guests of the inn Rural Santa Marta and the Hermitage of Our Lady of Grace, a old convent , rebuilt after the earthquake of 1693 and transformed the hotel now!

Full day dedicated to the Nature Reserve of Cassibile Cavagrande .. a true gem of nature! Easy 25-minute descent into the canyon to reach the lakes .. terrible climb! Only for those who are trained! If you're passing through, do not forget to spend an entire day in this extraordinary place

Pending the report take a look at photos and video on the Reserve .. worth a lot

ALL PICS AND VIDEO HERE
http://www.francescoinviaggio.it/REPORT%20SICILIA%202011/11)%2008-10%20Luglio%202011%20-%20Aidone%20-%20Riserva%20Naturale%20di%20Cavagrande%20del%20Cassibile%20-%20Avola.htm

Francesco "Mandarino" Bmw GS 1200R

Offline MrBig

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
Some great pictures ther  :thumleft:
The water looks fantastic. Must've been quite hot to do a lot of walking.
Your photos make me envious and long for Sicily  ;D

Last year July I made the mistake of walking in Reserva Zingaro - it was crazy hot - burned to a crisp
And I got stung by a jellyfish!
"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline White Rhino

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
 Ciao Francesco!

Looks like a great spot - wish we were back there with you guys :thumleft:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC