Micro weekend ride report thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Seeing as everyone in this section seems basically happy with their bikes and obviously rides more than they spend time here chatting, I thought I would try start a thread were we just give a quick summary of the weekend's ride.

This last weekend I went on quite a nice ride out to Rhino Park on the back roads.  Met another guy who also has a 610, who is a mate of Blazes apparently, at the one stop on the R21 just north of Pamona. 

It was bloody freezing riding out there on the highway  :eek:  Lost all feeling in my hands! But the bike loved it, it seems to really like cold weather because it was flying - maybe it was just because I wanted to get into the warm Wimpy and get some hot chocolate.

From there we rode on some gravel roads out towards Rietvlei nature reserve and then cut across eastwards, sticking to dirt as far as possible until we got to Rhino park.  Had a quick cup of coffee and a toasted sandwich and then rode the thick sand and messed around in the play section a bit before doing a lap of the enduro track. 

I actually love that enduro track because it suites the 610.  Its flat and quite fast with lots of flowing turns and even a few small (tiny) jumps.  Great practice!  Every time I ride it the bike just flows through it all better.  I managed to get stuck in the swamp just after the start as well as lose it in one of the mud dongas further on - mostly due to changing my mind at the crucial moment instead of committing to a line and just riding through  :biggrin: (although the Heidenau K60's didn't help - useless in mud!)

The 610 feels nice and light until you have to pick it up when its slightly above you, then you realise its not actually an enduro bike  :p

Rode back the way we came and got home satisfied and nicely tired (started at 10am got home about 3pm)  :ricky:

It was nice riding with someone for a change, especially someone with such obvious good taste in bikes  :thumleft: