Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW motorad Pretoria still king  (Read 731 times)

Offline Ballies

• Cut me loose
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • KTM 950 Adventure Rules!!
BMW motorad Pretoria still king
« on: May 21, 2007, 12:07:07 pm »
After my Saturday morning dive on my KTM950 with full ORANGE gear I went to the BMW shop in Pretoria to view the new 650 X models.

On my arrival I looked at the city version that was parked outside. I then took off my KTM jacket (out of respect) and entered the shop to have a look at the offoad X.

Only one staff member gave me sh$%^t because of my KTM look. As usaul the manager/owner came over,offered me coffy, a load of info on the bike and offered me a ride on the bike which I declined.

Compliments to your customer service (again).
I want a shark with a frikken laser beam

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 12:34:18 pm »
I pop in there often - the wifes been looking for a bike

Their service is good - But I'm lead to believe they are quite expensive - as compared to some of the Jo-burg branches
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline Ballies

• Cut me loose
  • Race Dog
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 12:43:14 pm »
quite correct,they're not the cheapest place on earth.
 :)

shark_za

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:02:17 pm »
Is this Menlyn Mottorad?

They were the ones at Riverside mixer yesterday offering test rides on the X Challenge and XMoto.

Good work being done there.

Offline sweerhe

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:44:22 am »
The Pretoria BMW Motorrad will be Bavaria in Vermeulen Street.

BMW Motorrad Menlyn's service sux!
1200GSA. It's like the girl you marry, reliable, maybe a bit overweight but you know she will always look after you even though she may not be the most exciting ride.

HP2. Itís like the pole dancer you have thoughts of running away with, you know at some point it will end in tears but you just have to come back for more, at times it makes no sense but when you get down and dirty who cares about sense."

Offline PoepolJack

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Really shy member since 2006-11-08
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 03:03:31 pm »
What is the the name of the one behind the Boardwalk shopping centre ,off Hans Strydom avenue, i think it is close to Garsfontein. I had the most shitiest service there. I was on a trip from East London to Nelspruit and stopped there to sort out the front forks of my wifes GS 650. I dont want to go into any detail, but it has been the worst experience of my life. Coming from the laid back Eatern Cape i've expected better from the Gauteng boytjies...
You have one life... Live it!!!

Offline sweerhe

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 05:08:26 pm »
Thats the one - BMW Menlyn Motorrad!

Hot receptionist 'though!!!
1200GSA. It's like the girl you marry, reliable, maybe a bit overweight but you know she will always look after you even though she may not be the most exciting ride.

HP2. Itís like the pole dancer you have thoughts of running away with, you know at some point it will end in tears but you just have to come back for more, at times it makes no sense but when you get down and dirty who cares about sense."

Offline Ballies

• Cut me loose
  • Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 07:37:08 am »
Quote from: "sweerhe"

Thats the one!
 :D

Offline Miena Moo

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:19:51 pm »
Quote from: "sweerhe"

BMW Motorrad Menlyn's service sux!

I have to agree.When I was phoning around for a GS650 I got a " your a woman what do you know" type attitude from Menlyn.

I phoned Bavaria and spoke to Braam.Invited me over and I had my GS in a day.Excellent service from Bavaria Pta.

My children's pediatrition also bought a GS650 from BMW in Midrand.She is still waiting for hers and this was in January.Bike's been paid for but she is still waiting.
MOOOOOOOOOOOO  
Proud owner of a F650GS WITH A CENTER STAND

Offline Slide

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 07:37:47 am »
I walked into Menlyn Motorrad, after parking my GS12 in front of the shop. The salesman looked at me and continued chatting to the chick manning the switchboard, ignoring me.

After I politely asked him for some service he told me that he didn't have a F650GS. I asked him if he could get. He said no. I walked out.

This was after the first episode when my bike developed a stutter. They said they would have it sorted by the Friday. When I phoned on Friday the "technician" had gone Boxercup Racing on the Thursday and my bike was still in the shop. Apparently there was something seriously wrong  with the motor etc. When I did get it back they said that faulty plugs was the issue. Whatever. (R650-00 later)

So I sent Mr Bennie Warnich a politely email telling him the poor service I was getting. He didn't seem too perturbed and basically told me to get lost. I then not so politely told him to not start looking for bigger premises just yet as they probably won't be doing too much business if that's their attitude.

Boerewors rolls and free cooldrinks wont see me buying a bike. (I ended up buying the F650GS from Auto Alpina even though Menlyn is 5 km's from my house)
"I was on the throttle, and I was in front - no problem." - Wayne Rainey

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 11:30:36 am »
It is absolutely amazing the kind of service and dealing you guy's get in a place like JHB. For sure the competition there must be tough and to get such bad service you would expect it form the small towns, how do they possibly exist with such odds?

In EL, PE and these places we have 1 dealer per town and clients and the dealer just have to make it work otherwise both are suffer.

Even the KTM, BMW,Kawa dealers all get along here, but service get sorted out as soon problems arise. The place is too small for dealers to give bad service like that

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:05 pm »
Volumes. They sell a lot without doing buggerall. Walk in business is good. Same with vehicles.

Gauteng has numbers. :wink:
He who angers you, controls you.