£13 for 4hrs. Just how good does it get ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizz

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Well, today was a wet one, yesterday had been a wet one pretty much for the whole of the South of England.

Lebowski, Pete and I met up at Clackett Lane services and then went on to Betchworth Quarry.
It is a great place with space for all types and levels of ability.

Unfortunately I did not take my camera today, and of course typically with Jon and Pete there to keep pushing me and coach inbetween there were a few places I went up and into that I would not have considdered doing a week ago.

Toward the end we just totally freestyled with Pete taking the lead and the two of us following...... Next up Jon took up the lead and made it more and more challenging until I managed to drop my bike halfway up a very snotty hill.
Pete came to the rescue to ride the bike out and promptly fell off as well, sliding back somewhat, in the end all three of us got the bike out with slick tyres doing their own thing and us heaving it over a testing ridge.

An awesome day out and as I said to the guys, when I posted the "Old men starting trial riding " thread earlier this year, I never could have guessed just how good this is.

A couple of mobile phone pics, taken halfway through when we went to fill the bikes and have a drink.
The other two afterward, my bike is now again clean, ready for the next time.

IMAG1834.jpg

Jon showing his displeasure at the weather.

IMAG1836.jpg

Great day done.

IMAG1841.jpg

IMAG1842.jpg

Next weekend, Hastings for the day.

Now time for a Brandy and Pepsi Max and some dinner.