BMW-on-call that SUCKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Thought I share this with the forum

Based on the 'what bike you ride' poll,its est that at least 30% of us ride BMW's.Its a great bike with great service (apparently) but lately there's been loads of complaints in this regard.

So I got home last night and noticed my first flat.What luck,I'm at home and have that BMW on call -so no problems. Call them,spent nearly 15 mins on the phone trying to find my bike on the system,open case no and have the technician dispatched.How long i asked -45 min they promised.No big deal,I'm at home anyway.
An hour later I received another call form the call centre and listen to this : "Sir,the technician on call has informed me theat he has no vehicle and therefore cannot attend to ur problem.I've also tried calling the area manager (or someone) but no answer there". Well ,lets call that technician again -this is apparently a 24/7 service thats legendary.But the freaking technician on call no longer answers his phone.A 'stuff you" attitude

What if I had broken down at night in some dodgy area fearing for my life????? The call centre girl was very apologetic and promised this would be sorted first thing in the morning since I commute everyday.

At 8am,no call.I phone then back and after 5 mins listening to that ridiculous "ur call is important to us" crap,I hung up.Cell phone calls are xpensive.

My 15 min commute to town turnued into a 45min "curse those BMW guys" trip in my cage :evil:

There still has been no call back from them.

My 650 is a great bike but no better than the other 650's out there IMO. A big deciding factor was their service and on-call history -so far I've had none of that.In fact -there service leaves alot to be desired

Given the nature of our sport,this service is vital to me.

Pls be aware that if you do breakdown - BMW service might just breakdown with you

I'm freaking pissed.

That new Honda 700 is looking really good at the moment[/b]