Zinyala "Verf jou Perd Groen" Tour - July 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Following the previous trip to Zinyala we all decided that we should do this more often…  and with this in mind, planning started for the “Verf jou Perd Groen” weekend.  The name translates into “Paint your horse green” and this was from a hilarious joke ( one of many ) told on the previous trip.
Gear & a shitload of booze was dropped at the Carrot’s house to be transported to the camp and after some minor technical difficulties early on Friday the first group set of.
I was unfortunately not in that group as I had some major technical difficulties to sort out.  Kierie stuck with me and on recommendation from Runner where Kierie changed rims I took my bike to Lenny at Centurion BMW.  What a gent!!  He and Jacques sorted me out and replaced a leaking seal on the diff.  Kierie and I rocked it all the way to the Koekepan Bar on tar and linked up with the rest of the manne who also made slow progress due to numerous “porridge” tyres…
On arrival we were met by Boer…..  who by all counts had cancelled and was never going to join us…  on asking him about his sudden change in plans he told me with a straight face….  “I told my wife I was just popping out to get milk and a bread…. and then I just maar kept going”
Entering the Koekepan Bar we then had a few bevvies and a burger and set of for Zinyala where we stopped at the gates for a foto moment…
HPFarkly007.jpg

On arrival we all got allocated a chalet and parked our bikes to ready ourselves for a bit of a drinking session.
HPFarkly087.jpg

HPFarkly085.jpg

Some had some chores to do and as always there are 20 “clever pricks” telling one oke how to do it…
HPFarkly010.jpg

That sorted we watched Boer set up his tent in seconds and then it was of to the bon fire..
HPFarkly022.jpg

HPFarkly073.jpg

HPFarkly062.jpg

Some look bemused and others just sat in their chairs…. “thinking”…
HPFarkly051.jpg

HPFarkly047.jpg

After we all woke up the next morning we set of on a lekker ride over some passes and fast gravel…  more flat tyres.. some sandy monsters and a couple of okes even bought some land…
Filling up at the one pump behind the Ko-operasie
HPFarkly080.jpg

Then it was of to Vaalwater to go watch the bokke make idiots of themselves and a meal.  Kierie ended up with the biggest pizza I have ever seen
HPFarkly082.jpg

HPFarkly084.jpg

Then back to camp for more of the same… after a swim at the Loubad hot springs
HPFarkly028.jpg

HPFarkly079.jpg

I am sure more bits of RR will be added and more pics should follow…
Sunday we all took it easy and rode home with all arriving safely.

The next trip does not have a date yet… but we are sure it will be called “Zinyala.. gaan koop gou ‘n brood” weekend…