Awesome OSSA relaunched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beserker

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Legendary Spanish Trials manufacturer Ossa is back with an all-new motorcycle called the TR280i.

The Spanish firm, made famous for its trail and trials bike also won four 250GPs on a road race bike ridden by Santiago Herrero.

He won at Yugoslavia in 1970 and three GP races in 1969 in Spain, France and Belgium, They withdrew from road racing after he died at the 1970 Isle of Man TT.

The relaunched Ossa company has an all new <a href="https://www.ossamotor.es/EN/TR280i.php">website </a> with some incredibly cool old footage of its bikes from the seventies.

They’re expected to also launch a road-based trail bike next year according to sources.

The  :eek: stuff:

Its headline bike, the remarkable 67kg TR 280i. Yes, that’s just 67kg..

ossa-motorcycle.jpg

The motor is a 272 cc two-stroke, with its single cylinder tilted backwards and the injection system and filter box on top.

ossa-motorcycle-1.jpg

The radiator is behind the fuel tank and filter box, where it won’t get splattered with mud. This unusual but logical arrangement also lowers the center of gravity—obviously critical on a trials bike—and also results in a shorter exhaust system. The suspension is equally well thought out: Marzocchi provides the forks, and Öhlins has adapted its TTX system for the rear mono shock. An oversized 40mm upside-down fork configuration is in the works, which will keep unsprung weight even closer to the ground. And the chassis is a mix of aluminum and chrome molybdenum steel, designed to keep welding to a minimum.

ossa-motorcycle-2.jpg

ossa-motorcycle-3.jpg

Courtesy of BikeExif