In Loving Memory - Watty UPDATED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleAl

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
Friday, 29 July 2011     10:45
Have just been informed that Watty passed away this morning early. God bless you where you are now my riding partner.
Condolances to the family.
Will make more information available as soon as I have been to the family.

Saturday, 30 July 2011        09:00
Have been to Watty's place yesterday.  Wife in destress as could be understood.  Fluid's wife acts as spokeperson.  

Watty have been fighting the big C bravely during the last year.  Moordenaarskloof in January was the last ride he did on the faithfull Jebel. Although very weak already and having to take his pain pills regularly to keep him going, he wanted to do this one. At most of the stops he would put the bike down, unable to keep it up himself. I realised that this was a farewell ride so tried to keep the stops  as level as possible because he had to rest about every 15 min.
Gentleman he was, he apologised for his in-abilities every time I picked the bike up to get him going again.

A big shout to Fliud who did the recce and 2011 EC Bash with him in the Jeep.  This, he said to me on the phone one evening, "Is die laaste ding wat ek wil klaarmaak!"  Long live WATTY's memories.

The only arrangements available so far is:
1. The family only will attend the cremation service.
2. A memorial service will be held next week.  Will keep you postedas to where and when.

Would any E.C.-dogs be willing to attend the memorial service with their bike weather permitting?Have like a guard of honour for the family.

[size=10pt]You are more than welcome to post messages for the family in this thread as I intend to make a printout of this 48 hours after the memorial service.  This plus some photos of his rides will be put together in a scrap-book and will be given to his wife.[/size]

Monday, 1 August 2011      19:26

A memorial Service will be held on Saturday,  6 August 2011 @ 10:00 from Hoogland Dutch Reformed Church in Charlo.

If any P.E./EC dogs would like to attend and be part of a guard of honour, please go to the new thread  Guard of Honour - Watty  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=74908.0

Thursday,  4 August 2011  Final Update

Memorial service for Watty (Kobus Esterhuizen)

Date    :  Saturday,  6 August 2011
Venue  :  Hoogland Dutch Reformed Church, Charlo  ( 33.59 24.00 S  25 32 57.24 E )
Time    :  10:00

There is a viewing from 08:00 till 09:00 at first Avenue Funeral Home in First Ave, Walmer ( 33°58'26.47"S  25°36'47.29"E )

1.  Bikers that wish to show final respect to Watty by escourting the hearse from the Funeral Home to the Church must please gather at the funeral home NOT LATER THAN 09:15 as they leave at 09:20 sharp. There is a entrance to an on site parking area in the side street.

2.  Bikers that would like to meet us at the church and escourt the hearse back after the service are more than welcome to join us at the church.

Join me in Watty's last Wild Dog Ride please.

Attachments

• Watty avatar.jpg
    Watty avatar.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,429
  • Watty tent.jpg
    Watty tent.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Watty 2010 Bash.jpg
    Watty 2010 Bash.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • Watty reel !.jpg
    Watty reel !.jpg