A bit of fun in Wales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Lets get the priorities right - a week after we booked our flights back to the UK, and my friend convinced me to do a weekend Yamaha riding course with him in Wales...how could I resist.  He recently bought the Super Ten, and got a day introductory day with Yamaha to take it offroad.

We had a choice of a few bikes to use over the weekend.  The Super ten, Tenere 660, and my personal favourite the WR250R.  This is a bit different to the enduro WR250F.  The 250R is a road version - suspension is a bit different, engine performance and gearing too.  All I can say that it's an awesome 'little' bike.  I spent about an hour on the 660, and only about 20 min on the Super Ten, and the rest of the time on the WR250.  I just don't enjoy the big bikes on dirt.  It's good for touring but that's about it in my opinion.

We had very good instructors for the weekend - top of the range so to speak.  The business is run by a family and all of them extremely experienced endure champs.  Dylan Jones (one of the sons) spent the first day with us.  he was runner up in the 125 Brutish enduro champs and in the top 6 Enduro E1 Champs.

The second day was with the local legend, his father Geraint Jones, 10 British Enduro Championships and 8 ISDE gold medals.  So all in all, we were in good hands.

Just a quick disclaimer - thanks to Shaun of Yamaha Australia for all the photos.  Shaun was there to see what the experience was all about and to potentially do something like it in Australia.

Photo1 - The WR250R and some of the other bikes
Photo 2 - Myself(right) with one of the other instructors
Photo 3 - Dylan Jones
Photo4 - me on 660

Attachments

• IMG_7043s.jpg
    IMG_7043s.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_7044s.jpg
    IMG_7044s.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_7048s.jpg