the pig sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
this afternoon i went for an offroad ride along my old quadbiking stomping ground. well, i didnt get far. it must have been all the rain, but i got to a section that used to be a wet patch or trickle at worst.
today it was a bubbling brook.
i scoped it out rom a distance and decided to go for it. mistake.
if i had walked it first, i would have realised the hard surface had recently transformed itself. as my front wheel went in...it sank!
all the way to the axel :shock: i tried to ride out the other side but the front wheel dug deeper and the stupid semi-slick just kept spinning.

so there i was, truly stuck in a veld by my self.
grrrrrrreat!
i tried to lift the front wheel but i couldnt move it. either the weight or the sucking properties of the mud. i tried to dig a trench out and forward of the front wheel but it didnt work. the rear would just spin.
the bike was so stuck it could stand upright by itself :?
i would sink into the mud up to my knees everytime i tried to move the bike.

so eventually some vagrants passed by and i managed to get them to help pull the bike backwards. it took 4 of us a huge amount of effort to get it out. i nearly got stuck a second time after they left, but i got off and pushed as hard as i could while feathering the clutch and throttle. this got me out of the second mud-pit :eek:

i rode around the veldt for a little while longer in some super high elephant grass, then across some more slippery mud building site, and back to a friends house. his first words when he saw the bike was: "what the f#$@k!"

it was covered in black mud. i made a blaze' comment about using the bike for its intended purpose and put my arms behind my head :twisted:
his driveway was covered in mud :lol:

ps. these tyres are great for road.....