Mitas or Heidie??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakarboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R850GS
Hi guys,

I am looking at replacing my tekkies on my bike. I have had the Heidinau on the front and it has given me excellent milage (20 000km I would say) and my front has never washed away in the dirty stuff. On the rear I had a Heidie 130, but it wore out within 5000km and then replaced it with a 140 which has lasted very well (9000km).

Now heidie have brought out a new shape on their rear (it has a solid rubber strip in the middle and knobbies on the side I'm assuming for great tar mileage and then good dirt performance), but my father put a Mitas e07 on the back and it looks really good for dirt, and then gets great tar mileage?

So what do I go for? Heidi rear? Mitas E07 rear?
I'm pretty sure about getting the Heidie on the front, but rear? I like to ride aggressive in the dirt, but knobbies aren't an option because of the amount of tar I do.
Gonna slap a new chain on as well (X-ring or O-ring?)

Hit me with your opinions folks, (and also where would I get these tires from in JHB (near Alberton if possible?)

Ciao