THE F650 (SINGLE) REPLACEMENT OIL FILTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
I recently fitted a new water pump in my F650GS and wanted to change the oil just for the hell of it, seeing it was not due time for an official change however, buying an OEM oil filter from BMW (at the OE price) for the same as the above reason… well, did not make any sense to me at all. So, I went on this mission to find an alternative oil filter to the BMW (ROTAX OIL FILTER RB-X305) and a search it was.

I tried numerous brands from different spares and part shops with no luck. Went to a local bike shop (again) and ask for a near enough to original alternative oil filter. Now, for the dogs who like to work on their own bikes and do not know about this replacement oil filter for a F650 Rotax machine- This is the one:

CHAMPION X305

If I was a little smarter and I had known that BMW does not manufacture any oil filters, I would have said that this (CHAMPION) oil filter might be the actual “original” and that I discovered the Zwarte Pieten's workshop where our Bavarian Saint Nicholas gets his oil filters from - it’s in Belgium!

Now, changing oil more frequently is possible as well as keeping both arms and legs intact! However, it would be somewhat handy to know if these CHAMPION oil filters are available somewhere else other than the local bike shop back at home

See the pics.
PS. The filter on the left is a spent OEM oil filter (the ones from BMW), explainig the colour difference.

Attachments

• 1 FILTERS TOP.png
    1 FILTERS TOP.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 2 OIL FILTERS .png
    2 OIL FILTERS .png
    186.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 3 FILTERS INSIDE.png
    3 FILTERS INSIDE.png
    175 KB · Views: 260
  • 4 FILTERS BOTTOM.png
    4 FILTERS BOTTOM.png